Lt. Commander
# 1 Playable Borg?
02-07-2010, 12:33 AM
I am just curious, is playable borg worth the money for 300.00 minus one cents?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 12:41 AM
HELL NO. This game won't last more then 2-3 months, if that.

Safe to say they scammed a good amount of people out of their money.
Lt. Commander
# 3 ok
02-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Thanks.. that's what I thought.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 12:49 AM
The game's going to last far longer than 2-3 months (it's literally almost impossible for an MMO to close down that early), but it is a lot of money and I'd only do it if you really enjoy the hell out of this game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 12:54 AM
Buying the lifetime sub for the Borg is dumb. Buying the lifetime sub because you want to play the game for a long time and then getting the Borg as a bonus is a perfectly valid purchase.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 01:04 AM
considering alot of people bought lifetime subscription and lifetime subscription is more or less 2 years of play time worth in money, STO did get enough money for 2 years from several subscriber.. aka it's going to last 2 years easyly. it has ALOT of time to improve and get more player base. so yeah it's worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaflare View Post
I am just curious, is playable borg worth the money for 300.00 minus one cents?
The people spending 300$ for a lifetime subscription aren't getting a playable borg. They are getting two slots and the subscription. You got a lower price , the borg and two slots if you lifetime subscribed during the short window they opened.

While I was hearing people whine about queue's getting in, I logged my lifetime account in and got right in. It appears we have VIP passes through the queue too.

/hat tip
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie223
The people spending 300$ for a lifetime subscription aren't getting a playable borg. They are getting two slots and the subscription. You got a lower price , the borg and two slots if you lifetime subscribed during the short window they opened.

While I was hearing people whine about queue's getting in, I logged my lifetime account in and got right in. It appears we have VIP passes through the queue too.

/hat tip
I was wondering about that... I keep seeing threads about being stuck in Queue, but I have never had to wait to get in since launch, and I am a life timer...

on the OP question, no it is not worth it just to get the Borg... unless of course you think the Borg are really that cool... the Nanites ability is nice, and the headgear is cool looking, but I paid to support the game and not have to deal with monthly... the Borg was just a cool bonus.