Lt. Commander
# 1 launcher
02-06-2010, 07:57 AM
So on my desktop computer I have a launcher icon for both champions online and star trek online. On my laptop I just have the launcher icon for champions but it lets me connect to star trek online as well. How do I get a seperate launcher icon for star trek online for my laptop?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 08:11 AM
try manualy creating a shortcut to STO
\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online.exe
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 10:38 AM
that executable does not appear to exist. The only program related to star trek online is under star trek online/live/gameclient.exe which just loads the client directly which would be ok except that it wouldn't give me access to the patches
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 02:17 PM
bumpity bump bump
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 03:07 AM
just out of curiosity does champions online install to the same folder as STO ie are they both install to c:\program files\cryptic with launcher and other critical files for both sharing the same folder. if they do then this usualy shouldnt cause a problem but being as STO and CO are using the same game engine this could cause a problem.. realisticaly they should both have seperate launchers but if theres a conflict in version numbers for the launcher one may overwrite the other... that shouldnt be possible as they have seperate names but it appears the games may not be checking file names before replacing them

i would recommend installing STO in its own folder ie c:\program files\cryptic\STO you may also want to install champions to its own folder as well to completly seperate them