Lt. Commander
# 1 Game Feedback
02-07-2010, 03:25 AM
Well i got this game yesterday and i had 4 of my friends get it to.

All seems good with the game its fun to play but i am thinking about trying to get a refund for the non playable service.

Yesterday me and 3 of the friends where in a login queue for about 1 hour.
Today 2 hours of downtime.

This is BS, at 15.00/month you should be running 1000+ servers if you really have the number of players are clame. This is the worst game i have ever played and whast where you charging me for not being able to play.

if this is not sorted by the end of today (hoping the downtime is to add more servers) i will be asking for a full refund for the game and going back to games that i can buy and play.

Get your act together and fix your ****. I am not going to be recommending STO to anyne else. Infact until you can prove its working i will recommend against anyone getting it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 03:37 AM
Returned my retail version for full credit. I'm outta here! That should add some more server capacity for ya!

Live long and prosper!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apcyberax View Post
Get your act together and fix your ****. I am not going to be recommending STO to anyne else. Infact until you can prove its working i will recommend against anyone getting it.
One can almost smell the fear from Cryptic...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 04:01 AM
theres no fear
they do not give a **** about anyone so why would they care if people leave. seems to me they already made a **** load of money they sure saved it on there server deployment
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 04:05 AM
I normally do not try and correct spelling, everyone makes typos. Seriously though, you need to figure out the difference between to and too, and were and where. And I am not sure what whast is.

The point is, you post this way, and everyone will read it and say, "well, the game does not really need 9 year olds anyway." And if your four friends leave also, no one will miss them.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 04:08 AM
Welcome to the world of MMOs. It's common knowledge that if you want seamless game experience in an MMO you play it at least a few weeks after release, launch time is pretty hectic, the only few exceptions are those barely known ones that maybe a few thousand people join right away. Star Trek in its name itself ensures that ungodly amount of people will swarm in as soon as the gates are open, but the stability issues are generally solved in a few weeks at most.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 04:13 AM
This type of post is just out of hand.

It's the release week of a new mmo, expecting perfection is setting yourself up for disappointment.

I started WoW 3 months after release, STO is running much smoother than that did for most of the first year I played. Damn upto 6 months ago WoW had either login queues or instance queues and that's 6 years old.

Basically, STO is so far more popular than had been predicted, hence the queues. This is a good thing for an MMO since it means more peeps to play with.

Also, I haven't run into too many bugs and am at level 20. This I was not expecting after playing the releases of *** and War, also my initial WoW experience.

In comparison I'd say it's been a pretty good release so far, but there is alot more game I have yet to try, so we'll see if I still believe that after getting to cap.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 04:14 AM
Point taken. I know it will be fixed after awhile. Just abit annoyed that they decided to fix it on a sunday.

Well they have 30 days to get things better. it will never be 100% but i hope by the end of my 30 days i will be renewing. Sorry for the moaning but i was looking forward to this and i love the game itself jsut ****ed off i can't get on it

See you all at the star base.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 04:17 AM
It's the FIRST WEEKEND of what is obviously a very popular mmo. WoW was fairly UNPLAYABLE for the first month of launch. People seem to forget that.