Lt. Commander
It seems as if the servers are purposely brought down every few hours. Now it is being brought down for the next few hours. Because of this, I can hardly ever play this game. Cryptic, if you are reading this, do not bring down the servers unless there is a new patch you intend to use. Plus this is launch week, the down time will cut into their profits.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 02:51 AM
Also, if they keep this up, I may have to cancel my subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
It seems as if the servers are purposely brought down every few hours. Now it is being brought down for the next few hours. Because of this, I can hardly ever play this game. Cryptic, if you are reading this, do not bring down the servers unless there is a new patch you intend to use. Plus this is launch week, the down time will cut into their profits.
They are applying a patch.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 03:10 AM
I hope the patch includes a remedy for the collision detecting. It seems as if my Officer is being pushed by an invisible object. That is whenever I am on a planet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 03:59 AM
I don't see what you are complaining about. It's been up for more then a few hours. If memory serves it has been up past 12 hours. And it just launched.

I know OMFG 2 hours of no game time, World gonna blow up, Aliens have taken Cryptic hostage...blah blah blah But if you read the loading screen message you would know that it was planned and it's down for more server capacity.

So I hate to say this but stop belly aching. I have seen more problems fixed then ones created and that alone says Cryptic is trying.

Also...moaning bout a patch...what in the 9 blazes of hell is wrong with you. Would you perfer the game to reach max capacity and crash every time you played or wait a year before you could play?

With that said I'm gonna make coffee and keep an eye out for updates.

OMG guys go to sleep or get out of the house or something!!!
This is the perfect time for a morning jog, buying food/stuff or getting outta the house in general.

Just don't panic when you see that big blue space above you.:p
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Also, if they keep this up, I may have to cancel my subscription.
Please do that, less lag for the not so impatient players........
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husard
Please do that, less lag for the not so impatient players........
So you are too impatient to play this game? WOW!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 04:15 AM
heh I view it as a chance to catch up on the more important things, like my college papers.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 04:16 AM
nope i am not impatient. It is the launch week and i know that there will be server downtimes.. cancel your subscription will mean less w8 time for me in the queues :-) It is that simple.
It may sound selfish but thats how i see it.
They do everything to give us a nice game environement and for that the y have to bring the servers down...
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 04:20 AM
Quote:
It may "seem" that way but the server has been up for a considerable while longer than a "few hours". I think that your affirmation that you can "hardly ever play this game" is most likely a gross over-exaggeration. They have brought down the servers several times in the last few days, and there have been several patches as well. So i'm not sure what point you were trying to make. And the fact that this is launch week means that the game is young and they do not as yet know how many people are going to be playing long term, meaning that they cannot accurately guage the required server capacity.

This is not intended to offend you in anyway, but there are many many more threads like the one you have started here, and they all wind up being equally pointless. I'm sure Cryptic are painfully aware of the unhappiness of their players over the downtime, so there really is no need to keep starting new threads on the same tired topic.