Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 04:26 AM
Hmmm, they must be right. the evidence is overwhelming. Cryptic has obviously pulled names of europeans out of a hat so they could maliciously inconvenience them. We're on to you Cryptic, we're on to you.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisdead View Post
I'm pretty sure it is obvious where I'm from if you take a little look at my location on the left side here. So what period would you like as hard working person living in Europe on the weekends: in the evening when it's noon ifor the hard working people in the US or at night when it's evening for the hard working people in the US? Did I mention perspective somewhere?
Well, you got me there with the location thingy

What about not in the weekends? if 2 hours isn't a big deal a day wait (say monday??) wouldn't be that big a deal would it? I'm fine with maint. around noon during the week but it's sure not fine in the weekends... that kind of perspective? Ohh, and I wouldn't mind it btw if it were around 3 am GMT :p (poor USA)
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacilelNagarythe
What about not in the weekends? if 2 hours isn't a big deal a day wait (say monday??) wouldn't be that big a deal would it? I'm fine with maint. around noon during the week but it's sure not fine in the weekends... that kind of perspective? Ohh, and I wouldn't mind it btw if it were around 3 am GMT :p (poor USA)
Hehe, 3am GMT is hmm... 7pm PST, I wonder how Americans would feel about it... :p

The weekend maintenance sucks, but I think they will be able to come up with a workaround, this week they wanted to put in some extra hardware though (news on main page) so tough luck, but at least there will possibly be lower queues and less lag during the REAL prime time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 04:35 AM
true, true... I just don't hope it comes a regular thing, weekend maint.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 04:41 AM
FYI most MMO's that do routine daily backups and server maintenance do so at the exact same time STO does it just not aslong as STO does but I am sure as STO works the kinks out the server will only be down for a half hour like the other MMO's that take the server down at 3AM PST.....