Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 03:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
The game is excellent. Nice one Cryptic. How the hell you did it with less than two years development i have NO IDEA. But its grand.
Well it's 11:50am GMT and the servers are off line, that should answer your question.
Lt. Commander
# 12
well im not a fan boy nor am i a troll but this game has sooo much missing that it is hard to call it a good game yet... it has potential but they have to change allot!! of things. for example the instanced survers absolutly kill the feel you get from the vastness of space, also the exploration part of the game. no matter what system you go to you wont exactly find anything new or random what no one else has seen... i know i quated eve allot befor but that game got the size of space in one... its massive... yes the travel is an absolute time waste however you get a full feel of space. i found it relaxing flying through beautifully scripted space listening to tchikovsky..

sto is a decent game but atm no where near good on its content or even on the tactical play... as after a while its all the same. found it to be more gear related then the actual skill!!
Lt. Commander
# 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
No, no. There's nothing to run through. The serious gamers make macros to do everything with only the "f" key.
Aw thats why I can't break the 7k barrier on my warlock...thanks for the tip.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 03:55 AM
[quote=FG2Anubite;1975947]for example the instanced survers absolutly kill the feel you get from the vastness of space/QUOTE]

Absolute disagreement. Given the size of the sector blocks if they had non instanced servers you'd have no ability to MOVE in them. The simple truth of the matter is I think in sector space anyway they need to lower the number of ships in an instance because quite frankly as it is you wouldn't see that many ships in that area.

Space is huge, like far bigger than you imagine. Those wonderful DSE's we get stuck in occasionally are like...statistically impossible if we're talking about the real vastness of space.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 03:56 AM
good to see a thread actually looking at the good aspects of the game
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-07-2010, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denmor
Aw thats why I can't break the 7k barrier on my warlock...thanks for the tip.
only 7k?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2010, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Try reading your missions, even the explores, they're more fun that way.
Totally agree, this game certainly asks you to be a bit proactive in immersing yourself. STO feels more like trek when taking the time to read the content.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-07-2010, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Try reading your missions, even the explores, they're more fun that way.
I agree with this....one of my explore missions last night even referenced the Amoeba life from from the TOS episode The Immunity Syndrome.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-07-2010, 04:40 AM
[quote=Denmor]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FG2Anubite View Post
for example the instanced survers absolutly kill the feel you get from the vastness of space/QUOTE]

Absolute disagreement. Given the size of the sector blocks if they had non instanced servers you'd have no ability to MOVE in them. The simple truth of the matter is I think in sector space anyway they need to lower the number of ships in an instance because quite frankly as it is you wouldn't see that many ships in that area.

Space is huge, like far bigger than you imagine. Those wonderful DSE's we get stuck in occasionally are like...statistically impossible if we're talking about the real vastness of space.
eve is instanced too but it does not feel like it in any shape or form.. simple as sto fails in that aspect and for me its a big part of the game...
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2010, 04:48 AM
I don't understand the negative connotation of the term "fanboi." Is it deemed socially impossible to actually *gasp* like a game?

It's a game just into the second week after launch. There's some good to it and some work that needs to be done.