Lt. Commander
# 1 Replicator's
02-06-2010, 01:25 PM
i may be wrong but the word replicator means to replicate or to copy ?
so why cant we have a replicator that actually replicates something umm like those communication relays and such that we need to finish missions on the outreach program star fleet has its a great idea to have the ability to sell and buy while in space although at a greatly reduced and absolutely no profit ( they might be feringi behind this ) be that as it may if we actually had the replicators replicate what we needed or say from what we have in our cargo bay things to finish missions etc. using oh lets say replicator rations ????
any thought ?? after all it would greatly increase the Emerson factor in this aria of the game !! you guys have done a great job keep up the good work looking forward to seeing the new content and cant wait to be able to visit the rest of my ship
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodsward View Post
i may be wrong but the word replicator means to replicate or to copy ?
so why cant we have a replicator that actually replicates something umm like those communication relays and such that we need to finish missions on the outreach program star fleet has its a great idea to have the ability to sell and buy while in space although at a greatly reduced and absolutely no profit ( they might be feringi behind this ) be that as it may if we actually had the replicators replicate what we needed or say from what we have in our cargo bay things to finish missions etc. using oh lets say replicator rations ????
any thought ?? after all it would greatly increase the Emerson factor in this aria of the game !! you guys have done a great job keep up the good work looking forward to seeing the new content and cant wait to be able to visit the rest of my ship
To be honest, I think the repilicators have a fair amount of limitations, but I've never picked up on what they where during the series. Most people in the shows seem to feel that replicated food isn't as good tasting.. so there are some things it doesn't copy well. Maybe complex electronics and the such are beyond it?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 04:17 AM
This would be kind a cool! Like where you need to supply the colony with commodities...why not have the people give you a blueprint or wishlist for say 10 commodities...you go back to your ship, use the Blueprint and the replicator creates this for you. Once replicated, the Blueprint is consumed and there you go
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 04:23 AM
I really like the blueprint programming idea! Possibly allowing us to build basic weapons if we have the right BPs.
And then take them to Alpha Matrix to give it enhancements

Some sense into early crafting...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 05:25 AM
At the very least I think you should be able to make common weapons, armor, and shields at your current level. The Enterprise never had to stop off at K7 arm the security staff did they?