Lt. Commander
# 1 Tyken's rift?
02-07-2010, 05:09 AM
Is this skill any good?
i havent tried it yet but i wanted to ask here first before investing any points in getting it.
Lt. Commander
# 2 :-]
02-07-2010, 05:16 AM
aoe root ant it
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastee View Post
aoe root ant it
em, no.

Tykens rift drains energy from enemies close to it (2km radius, at least at lvlI). It is highly dependant on your aux level and lasts for 8 seconds.

It can be quite brutal (with the skills and especially aux-power) in PvP, disabling shields at this weapon junkies, stopping them because their engines run on 25 too and decrease their damage.
It's nice to watch in PvE
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastee View Post
aoe root ant it
Gravity Well is the AoE root. Both Tyken's and Gravity Well look awesome! Not sure of their PvE or PvP utility, but I'd bet that both are good for PvP as they are clump busters.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 08:02 AM
just tried it at 70 aux power its a nice ability most BOPs go dead in the water and usually drop shields, which opens them up to some nice Qtorp volleys.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 08:24 AM
In PvE I find that it is quite useful when with friends/in a coordinated group. The rank II ability with max aux and some science consoles when combined with target:shields will drop the enemy's shields for a good 5 seconds--enough to take out a battleship without touching the shields if a friend and I hit it with quantum torpedo volleys. I can imagine it will only get nastier as I get higher in ability.

It also makes the enemies more sluggish and hit less hard with their beam weapons, which is always a plus. It's only spectacularly effective for a coordinated opening assault in PvE, during the fight it's just gravy.