Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Okay, see. The website asks you for credit card details when you activate your retail key. It's JUST asking for your credit card details.

IT WILL NOT CHARGE YOU ANY MONEY! NO MONEY WILL BE TAKEN FROM YOUR CARD.

The website is signing you up for a subscription. But it is NOT taking money from your card, and WON'T until your free 30 days are over.

So you can register your credit card or payment details, and then cancel immediately at no cost to you.

The website just wants a card on file. That's all. This is normal for many MMOs these days.

Now, if you don't want to put your credit card details down, there's some test credit card numbers you can get off the Web. Or you can use PayPal or something. It doesn't matter.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acyl View Post
Okay, see. The website asks you for credit card details when you activate your retail key. It's JUST asking for your credit card details.

IT WILL NOT CHARGE YOU ANY MONEY! NO MONEY WILL BE TAKEN FROM YOUR CARD.

The website is signing you up for a subscription. But it is NOT taking money from your card, and WON'T until your free 30 days are over.

So you can register your credit card or payment details, and then cancel immediately at no cost to you.

The website just wants a card on file. That's all. This is normal for many MMOs these days.

Now, if you don't want to put your credit card details down, there's some test credit card numbers you can get off the Web. Or you can use PayPal or something. It doesn't matter.
I've wondered about this for the longest as well, when I installed it asked for no cc information and I didn't add any, I just assumed after thirty days was up it would make me sub then but after looking on the account page there is no option at all to subscribe anyone else having this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxsundane View Post
I've wondered about this for the longest as well, when I installed it asked for no cc information and I didn't add any, I just assumed after thirty days was up it would make me sub then but after looking on the account page there is no option at all to subscribe anyone else having this problem.
It doesn't prompt you for payment and subscription stuff when you register an account. It prompts you for payment when you register a retail key - you can add bonus item keys, preorder keys, whatever, but the whole bit where it asks you to subscribe only comes when a retail key is plugged in.

If you've entered a retail key from your game box or whatever...and you never saw that subscription prompt window, then you might have a problem - and you should definitely contact Customer Service if this is the case.