Lt. Commander
The situation is getting critical, with disconnects and insane delays trying to log back in. When can we expect the announced capacity boost to happen? Cheers!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 06:21 AM
I assume there never was a server update, they just wait til enough people leave and then say "Hey! New servers! Works perfectly now, doesnt it?"
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Why do you need server capacity upgrades, when you can just make people quit (they bought the box and paid Cryptic money already anyway) and so free up server space and let the problems resolve itself? Just like they did with Champions Online.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darveses View Post
I assume there never was a server update, they just wait til enough people leave and then say "Hey! New servers! Works perfectly now, doesnt it?"
That makes no economic sense. More subscribers = more money.

But my question was not rhetorical. Does anyone know when the promised upgrade in server capacity is going to happen as trying to log in is becoming a waste of time?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 07:55 AM
try using one of the proxy servers

all last night and today i've had no issue connecting at all, got a little rubber-bandy last night and i lost connection once or twice, but no queue to get back in at all..

i'm sure they'll say something once the upgrades are in.

oh and dont let the haters get to you they just mad coz the grace period is over and they cant play for free anymore
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 08:00 AM
didnt the devs say that they had the new servers on rush order? who did they use? fred flinstone express? im pretty sure i can mail anything across the united states snail mail service and it get to where it needs to be in 3-5 days. If you want to fast track it...it can be next day.

I smell a rat.....and let the devs tomfoolery begin!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 08:03 AM
i don't think there will be a server upgrade. they will wait untill the first 30 days are over and people don't pay anymore and then hopefully the servers will get better.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingi
Ummm - every time I try to use one, it freezes at login...... (which I've read isn't that uncommon)

Proxy boxes = good idea
Good ideas = only useful IF they work
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingi
Makes no difference. Half my fleet have no problem connecting and half can hardly get on at all.

Quote:
oh and dont let the haters get to you they just mad coz the grace period is over and they cant play for free anymore
I don't