Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadezilla
I think that if your expecting a huge change after the 2nd of March your going to be very disapointed. I know everyone hates the WoW examples but ya got to go with what ya know so I apologise. But there are people who still ***** every Tuesday for normal maintenence, even though its only been just about every tuesday for the last 5 years lol.
These forums are exactly like the WoW forums anyway, and it's amusing that a large core of people don't even see it. I find myself laughing at the exact same kind of raging, trolling, fanboyism and childishness here that I do there.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulfhedjinn View Post
These forums are exactly like the WoW forums anyway, and it's amusing that a large core of people don't even see it. I find myself laughing at the exact same kind of raging, trolling, fanboyism and childishness here that I do there.
Sadly I agree, all we can hope is that anything remotely constructive stops getting buried by the shier amount of bs.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Its the wonderful world of the internet. Because it makes us anonymous to each other, we can act like idiots and nothing will happen. If we were actually in a real life room, talking about STO issues, it wouldnt be as nasty and immature as it is in the forums.

Age isnt the issue either. Ive seen 40year olds act like 10 year olds and 12 year olds act like 40 year olds..as far as maturity.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkAthena View Post
Its the wonderful world of the internet. Because it makes us anonymous to each other, we can act like idiots and nothing will happen. If we were actually in a real life room, talking about STO issues, it wouldnt be as nasty and immature as it is in the forums.

Age isnt the issue either. Ive seen 40year olds act like 10 year olds and 12 year olds act like 40 year olds..as far as maturity.
So true, so very true. "John Gabriel's Greater Greater Internet ****wad Theory" is almost a law of physics.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 10:08 AM
It's just incredibly frustrating to have to sift through all these pointless rage threads.... I suppose the other forums might be better areas for information on the game but it's a bizarre trend in MMO's now that the forums become the hotbed for lunatics to rant away.

I mean do they realize how dumb they sound? it's almost like some kind of mass hysteria or something.

I realize that not everyone is having a perfect experience, but the threads I read that are negative contain little real dialogue its mostly, fail fail I quit fail fail....but no constructive criticism or suggestion to fix their issue.

maybe they just need to make a a section called I hate star trek online and move threads to it ?