Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaduceus View Post
That and she left nearly all her stuff here. She doesn't even have her own room anymore, and everything she did have was moved here: diaries, photos, gifts, stuffed animals, her computer, cds, lots and lots of things. Many of these are personal and sentimental to her, she wouldn't even let me read them.

It is said that "women make plans" if it was a breakup plan it was the worst one ever. I'm not giving anything back if she breaks my heart.
Can someone spell yard sale?

Since you got dumped it's the only right thing to do.
Oh and go through her diaries. Make copies sell them to the highest bidder.
Yes Chat is being serious.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Were I truly pure Vulcan, I'd say that love isn't truly a real emotion. That it's just chemicals in the brain, and that anything outside of logic and reason should essentially be ignored. In fact, love would not be the only thing you should completely be rid of. You should keep yourself from feeling sadness, irritation, anger, etc. That way, there's no possibility of being emotionally hurt.

However, by truly following a Vulcan pattern of thinking, following this pattern of thought could hurt other people. You essentially think mostly of yourself. I mean, it isn't fully selfish, it's just being logical to your needs. But many people outside of Vulcans may consider this slightly cold or cruel.

But, I admit, sometimes you need to be a little bit selfish. You NEED to take care of yourself in order to be able to further function around others again. Of course, this is me as a human with emotions that have been nurtured talking here. Take all the time you need to think about yourself for a while. No one can blame you for doctoring up your own emotions.

I'm no medical officer, but that's my perscription.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 07:28 AM
Wanting to purge your emotions is silly. And mostly unrealistic. Growing up was tough. I know I had my problems. And I empathize with your situation a lot. I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve, which makes it an open target. However, you've got to learn to be happy alone before you're going to make something last forever. If you feel like you've been a hermit and you don't like that its up to you to fix it. The thing is, you have a wonderful tool here to making new friends. Take advantage of it. Learn to be more social! You'll accomplish two things in this. You won't be so lonely which will help make this time easier. And, you'll become more appealing. Everyone loves some who's easy to be friends with.

I hope this helps buddy.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chat
Can someone spell yard sale?

Since you got dumped it's the only right thing to do.
Oh and go through her diaries. Make copies sell them to the highest bidder.
Yes Chat is being serious.
Yep.

Show the manipulative ***** who's boss.

The funniest thing is that this is more likely to bring her back than being nice.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Sorry to hear that but honestly. When she said she wanted to do something with her life that should have clicked in your mind as well. To be honest any woman who wants a long lasting fruitful mature relationship will also look at the man and see where he is goign in life and what he is doing to make a better life. So get out of your basement and go live. Do something worthwhile feel proud about your own accomplishments and success. The confidence comes with that and without even realizing you'll have a new girl whos happy to be with you whatever she may or may not be doing. Why because you have confidence in yourself. you have pride and you are self sufficient.

A good woman won't want to be your Mother. And just a general overview of you with what you have said and explained and honestly not trying to diss you but I'm thinking your ex there prob felt she was Mothering you and trying to take care of you because you are having difficulties doing it yourself. Being a hermit wont get you anywhere but further in the pit of despair and sorrow. Live a little and stop wasting your life. You will regret it later in life if you don't do something and get out there and live. Think about it this way... do you want to have stories to tell your future children and grandchildren about your adventures in life or do you just want to be non existent?

It's about leaving your mark on the world leaving a legacy and the memories of your lineage. That is what life is about. Do it up right.