Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Well... let's start from the beginning. I'm an engineering captain on a cruiser and reached rank of Captain today and - of course - I promoted my preorder Borg bridge officer to commander in order to use the commander engineering skill on my new exploration cruiser.
No problem so far with promoting but then I noticed an empty slot in the assignments view of my ship where the Borg's commander skill supposed to belong. I went to space to doublecheck it and there was no commander skill either.
Next step I took turned out to cause quite a mess... I tried to fix the bug myself by training my BO a new Skill (Eject Warp Plasma instead of Aceton Field). Well and that caused my Borg BO to lose its cmd. ground skill and leave the skill box in the BO characters skills empty. Space skill showed Eject Warp Plasma but it still wasn't working. I tried to undo this by training the BO Aceton Field again but it didn't work.

Now I fear that I might have damaged irraparably my Borg BO, so please someone help me

I wrote a ticket ingame on this issue but no answer yet.

p.s.: I apologize for potential mistakes in my English typing, it's not my mother tongue.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 04:52 AM
aceton field is knackered
you might be able to train your bo in another ground skill but space skill slot is useless till they fix the damn thing

annoying cause i have 2 and 3 level on 2 different BO and its a waste, but as yet not seen a dev comment
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganjademon View Post
aceton field is knackered
you might be able to train your bo in another ground skill but space skill slot is useless till they fix the damn thing

annoying cause i have 2 and 3 level on 2 different BO and its a waste, but as yet not seen a dev comment
I thought about trying that, but then I decided to wait for either GM or Dev help cause I don't want to get it worse.
Well they're installing a new patch during maintenance hopefully it solves the problem with Aceton Field.

Anyway thanks for sharing your experience with that problem, good to know that I'm not the only one with this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 05:37 AM
oh your gonna love the dev response to this... not gonna spoil it for ya but lol

ground retraining does work cause i did it, its just the space skill thats screwed
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 07:09 AM
I had a similar problem, when I activated my borg BO it came up with the Train Up / Join / Cancel, I clicked Train up because the images hadn't loaded properly, added something to me engineer then the borg BO just disappeared.... What happened, its not in the assignment listings or in my inventory
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 08:01 AM
oh, you lost it
train up means it trained one of its skills to an exsiting officer then bogs off down the pub
you wanted join, that way it becomes part of your crew.

maybe a ticket will get it fixed otherwise a reroll may be needed, sorry
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturiusMaxwell View Post
I had a similar problem, when I activated my borg BO it came up with the Train Up / Join / Cancel, I clicked Train up because the images hadn't loaded properly, added something to me engineer then the borg BO just disappeared.... What happened, its not in the assignment listings or in my inventory
Reading the text is sometimes quite important, especially the bit saying do you really want to do this?

I'd submit a support ticket saying you did it by accident, they might fix it for you.