Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedrinnar View Post
Wow dosn't come with buddy keys? i'm holding two WOW buddy key cards in my hand atm.

Eq2 dosn't have buddy keys in hard format, but anyone with an active account can send up to 5 buddy passes a month to any email address. So no, its not 'in the package' but its not restricted to only C/Es either.
I have my launch WOW box right here and no they did not come with buddy keys. They added that later.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Wow dosn't come with buddy keys? i'm holding two WOW buddy key cards in my hand atm.

Eq2 dosn't have buddy keys in hard format, but anyone with an active account can send up to 5 buddy passes a month to any email address. So no, its not 'in the package' but its not restricted to only C/Es either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VarXX
(they might now though, but they didnt when they launched)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiozo View Post
Wow did not have buddy keys at launch. In fact Ive been playing MMORPGS since 1998 and I have never seen free trial codes at launch in any game. They usually start doing that at least a few months after launch.
You don't read very well do you.

Most MMOs do not come with Buddy Keys. Only a select few do.

In fact, here is what WoW came with at launch.

A Box. Inside the box was 4 CDs inside of those sleeves, not even a jewel case or anything fancy, but old fashioned CD sleeves. I believe there was also a manual, but I do not remember.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
I realise that. However.

Go buy WOW. Buddy keys in standard edition box

EQ1? Buddy keys

Eq2? Buddy Keys.

Eve? Buddy Keys.

Name the 4 most sucessfull MMO's currently?

Give you a hint, i already did. buddy keys attract new players right at the start. I'm much more likely to play an MMO that just came out, when i still have a chance to compete, then after its had a year or two and i'd have to play catchup. I'm also alot less likely to abandon an MMO i've had some fun on via a trial then i am likely to wait several months for a free trial to come out and try it then.
I believe Guild Wars is far more successful than EVE, and perhaps even EQ2 and EQ1.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlanKels View Post
I believe Guild Wars is far more successful than EVE, and perhaps even EQ2 and EQ1.
Guild Wars isnt really an MMO though. And in it's defense, neither is this. And now, before anyone goes and says "Well how come they charge $15 a month for it hmm?," let me tell you about a little game called Phantasy Star Online. Launched for the dreamcast in if I recall correctly, 2001. $10/month. Not an MMO. Then there was Phantasy Star Universe. $15/month. Not an MMO.