Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon Vs Federation
02-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Okay so ive been trying to figure out the point in Klingons recently (I have a level 18 that I havnt played since head start).

It would be nice if I could get some info here on the difference between the two factions. Other than the fact that Feds can customise more and have more missions, raids, exploration etc.

So what do the Klingons have and what do the Feds have? Lets compare them!

From what I know this is basically how it goes.

Feds get full customisation of all aspects, be it ship and/or officers. Klingons get to choose the paint job on their ship and can fully customise their officers.

Feds get PvP encounters. Klingons get exactly the same PvP encounters only with missions to relate.

Feds get Exploration missions. Klingons do not (there may actually be 1 exploration mission).

Feds get War Zone missions. Klingons get War Zone missions.

Feds get Raidisodes. Klingons will soon get raidisodes.

Feds get Episode PvE content. Klingons do not.

Im not sure if ive missed anything out there. Quite possibly.

But anyway, where im going with this is basically I want to know what is the point in actually playing as a Klingon? I mean they are a PvP focused faction that can do no different in regards to PvP as the non-pvp faction. Am I the only one who thinks this doesnt make sense? They have next to no PvE content and so the only thing that rides for them is equally shared to the faction that has all the PvE too. Odd...

I was sat down recently (before I stopped playing my Klingon) thinking what was the whole point in leveling up the Klingon character. I really couldnt see any reason to justify it. I mean what happens at Admiral that is so different to Bekk? In essence I will just be sat with a Tier 5 ship in the neutral zone station watching queue timers go down for PvP scenarios.

A huge concern I also have now Is the fact that Feds will get FvF combat. Even from a Fed point of view this is stupid. My reasoning is purely because its hard enough to get a balanced game of PvP as it is (this is due to not enough people queueing in the first place!) and throwing another way to limit population in PvP is dull. You may well find some people refusing completely to PvP with Klingons and going purely FvF. This takes a huge chunk out of the very limited content the Klingons have...

Anyway without going too far im just curious on what you guys also think of this? Perhaps you can help me look 'outside the box' if im not already.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 11:49 PM
It's quite simple actually. The Klingons are not finished. They asked the players if for the launch of the game they either wanted no klingons, or incomplete pvp klingons. Most people opted for the incomplete.

They are working on their content now.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 11:50 PM
Klingons are just Klingons. They have different ships and different style of combat.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proletariat12
It's quite simple actually. The Klingons are not finished. They asked the players if for the launch of the game they either wanted no klingons, or incomplete pvp klingons. Most people opted for the incomplete.

They are working on their content now.
Is this actually officialy approved knowledge or pure rumour/guesswork?

Also if thats the case what kind of content will they be bringing out for the Klingons? Any indications to anything?

My main concern is basically getting to Admiral status and not having anything to do as a Klingon. I prefer Klingon play and I like how they PvP (I have a lot of fun using both the BoP and Bat'leth).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 03:47 AM
The problem is also with the quite limited ship choices for them.

I mean - only the cruiser line (especially if they add a T2 cruiser that won't be some copy of the K'tinga) offers a variety there, with a new ship model each next Tier. While I can accept it with the Raider line (BoP, larger BoP, even larger BoP), it's a bit sad with the raptors.

Also, while of course you can turn the raiders into "science ships" (due to, apparently, no BO type limits to the seats), a proper "science line" would be surely welcomed (maybe including some left over Klingon designs, like the Fek'lhr from the Armada & Starfleet Command series?).

Just my few cents, at least.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haamre View Post
The problem is also with the quite limited ship choices for them.

I mean - only the cruiser line (especially if they add a T2 cruiser that won't be some copy of the K'tinga) offers a variety there, with a new ship model each next Tier. While I can accept it with the Raider line (BoP, larger BoP, even larger BoP), it's a bit sad with the raptors.

Also, while of course you can turn the raiders into "science ships" (due to, apparently, no BO type limits to the seats), a proper "science line" would be surely welcomed (maybe including some left over Klingon designs, like the Fek'lhr from the Armada & Starfleet Command series?).

Just my few cents, at least.
Or maybe they could import ship designs from the races that are within the faction. Like Orion, Gorn and Lethian ships.... Oh and Nausicaan too :p