Lt. Commander
# 1 Fourth away team member
02-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Hi
My ship (and the next one in line... cruiser) only has 3 Bridge Officer slots. Consequently the fourth away team member (me not included) is an anonymous security guy.

1-Is there a way to have someone better?
2-If not, is there a way to give that anonymous red shirt a better gun?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Buy another Bridge Officer and you can add them to your away team
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Your T2 cruiser (next ship after starter) will have 4 BOffs: 2 Eng, 1Sci and 1 Tac. But besides that, you can have more BOffs enlisted than fit on your ship, press U and have a look under the tab Assigments.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghundi
Your T2 cruiser (next ship after starter) will have 4 BOffs: 2 Eng, 1Sci and 1 Tac. But besides that, you can have more BOffs enlisted than fit on your ship, press U and have a look under the tab Assigments.
While this is true, there's something else to consider.

When a character is first created, you have *four* openings for Bridge Officers. Your ship can only have 3 officers manning the consoles (the number of consoles = the number of officers you can have on active duty in space, IIRC), but there's nothing at all stopping you from hiring another Bridge Officer just to fill out Away Teams.

I usually make it a priority to get 2 Tactical Officers, One Engineer, and one Science Officer as soon as possible right out of the gate, and then flesh out anything else I need for consoles as I get promoted (I know LtCom gives 2 new officer slots [while only one console is added to T2 ships]). One of my Tactical Officers (and later, an Engineering Officer and Science Officer) are almost *always* optimized for Ground combat (I tend to use them in Ensign or Lieutenant slots as I move up the ranks, making their upper-tier Space skills routinely unimportant).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc4175 View Post
Buy another Bridge Officer and you can add them to your away team
thanks! works!