Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 61
02-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Science team only removes one science debuff, it does not make you immune for the entire duration. The icon stays there because of the buff component. To people saying VM is easy to counter, it's just as easy to throw a jam/scramble sensors or some other science debuff first.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-07-2010, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Science team only removes one science debuff, it does not make you immune for the entire duration. The icon stays there because of the buff component. To people saying VM is easy to counter, it's just as easy to throw a jam/scramble sensors or some other science debuff first.
The text reads, "Removes science debuffs over 30 secs." This means that either the tooltip is wrong or the ability is bugged - I'm pretty sure that the latter is actually the case. It's hard to tell in PvP because you may get multiple debuffs and what not, but I've used it in PvE against the Romulans when there was a VM probe coming my way (and no other Science debuffs) and I still got held for the full duration. Other times it prevents VM just fine.

Viral Matrix is too easily countered (especially once Science Team gets fixed), and needs to be buffed - though a slight reduction in duration would be fine.