Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 05:46 AM
There is difference between individuals, their inteligence, sense for logic and also oftenly there is also lack of selfrealisation.. or how to call it.

If you cannot read and if you cannot use "M" for map which is absolutely logical if you have played few games in the past, then you cannot really want devs to do absolutely everything for everyone to detail.

I do understand that another part about shields and skill tree. It should be described more in numbers and not just with few examples, that is another story really and devs will definetly do something about it.

But people not reading and not going through tutorial correctly, not using help and such and are so lazy, that they need to ask in channels? If you wanna do something about it, whisper everyone of them and tell them where it is. It is actualy first step of bringing people together and showing who they are..

If will noob ask "Can anyone tell me where Sulu is, please?" then I kindly answer him.
If will noon ask "OMG WHER IS SULU ?!??!" then I will ignore him..

There is difference between noob and another noob. Worst thing is to insult them, either ignore it or help them.
Otherwise most people are correct, if someone cannot read, its his/her fault. But in another way, isnt it nice to help people?
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 04:50 PM
the funniest i saw was

q"where is zulu"
a"next to shaka zulu"
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Simple Solution: Implement a "Rookie" channel like EvE has. Goes away after a month. That way people who are vets can go in there and help noobs, otherwise we aren't all bothered with it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semperphi View Post
Or better yet. When you get the mission to goto the Seirious sector (spelling) and its not on the map). Its labled on the border with sol btw. Its not an actuall sector written on the map. It took a while to figure that one out.
Yes it is. Every square is a sector, but for game purposes they are grouped up into three-four sector sector blocks. Serious sector block is the starting block and has its name in bright yellow at the top.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strondbokken View Post
Simple Solution: Implement a "Rookie" channel like EvE has. Goes away after a month. That way people who are vets can go in there and help noobs, otherwise we aren't all bothered with it.
Love it.

Cryptic?

We still need better documentation though, and I think Cryptic GMs should man the rookie channel.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-07-2010, 06:03 PM
What's funny is that the NPCs at Earth Spacedock are now walking around talking to each other about Sulu. They even say where Sulu is. People still ask.

There will always be people who will immediately ask for help and never try to figure anything out on their own. Sad...but society's filled with them.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2010, 06:11 PM
I agree that there are areas throughout the game where things might need to be clearer. Just as in any writing, something that might seem obvious to the creator isn't always to a new reader.

But...when people first beam to the starbase and can't see the big Admiral's Office sign. Well...let them run around a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-07-2010, 08:12 PM
Can the map just list all of the characters and their locations? Better yet, how about a search feature in the map that allows searches outside of the current sector block? Heck, even I would like to know the locations of all the bases.