Lt. Commander
# 1 PlZ Explain Joining Teams
02-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Ok hi,

How do u join teams? I flew into the starbase 24 mission and there was about 10 other Federation Players I did not know how to join their Team. Do you click on one of them then choose "invite"..or do you have to Hail (send a tell) an ally and ask to be invited? Or if you fly into an instance do you even need to be part of a team...i noticed that i still collected experience for completing the mission in an instance even if i was not on anyones team in the area.

What I read on the manual didn't explain thsi clearly enuff for me. Thnx in advance to anyone who replies

cheers Argus
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Fleet Action instances (like Starbase 24) don't require players to join a team. The objectives are shared between every player in the instance and you'll get the mission rewards at the end, provided you participated in some way.

You can form a team in a Fleet Action if you want. Usually people don't, but you can certainly ask if there's a team in your instance or start one yourself and invite everyone. With a team you'll get the benefits of being able to see who's being damaged and having a localized chat channel, but it isn't required for mission completion.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Thnx for ur great help