Lt. Commander
Its been a super long time since I've played ANY PC game, let alone a MMORPG.... So here's kind of a stupid question...

Once I log in, it sends me straight into my previous mission. So my question is, how do I get to like a "hang out" area or "warp" to a different system? I can't seem to find like a "goto lobby" type button. All I can do is complete my mission, and it automatically gives me another, following along with the story.

Am I missing something?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 08:30 PM
It sounds to me like you haven't actually completed the mission. Most of the missions in STO are comprised of several parts. For example, a mission might require you to go to a particular system and when you arrive you kill some Klingons. But wait, the mission isn't over. Now you need to beam down to the planet and kill some more Klingons. But wait, the mission isn't over. Now you need to beam back to your ship and -- you guessed it, more Klingons to kill. Only now is the mission truly over.

You won't 'automatically' receive another mission once you've reached this point. You will need to click the Hail Starfleet button and select another mission.

That being said, it is possible to interrupt a mission between parts. Before you beam down to the planet (for example) you should get an option of "Beam Down or Not Now". Click not now. Once you've done so you can leave for sector space and, once there, return to Earth Spacedock (if you like) or go wherever.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 08:33 PM
There's a button next to the minimap, It'll either look like a galaxy or a guy being transported. That will "abort" a mission and take you back to sector space.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMimiaga View Post
Its been a super long time since I've played ANY PC game, let alone a MMORPG.... So here's kind of a stupid question...

Once I log in, it sends me straight into my previous mission. So my question is, how do I get to like a "hang out" area or "warp" to a different system? I can't seem to find like a "goto lobby" type button. All I can do is complete my mission, and it automatically gives me another, following along with the story.

Am I missing something?
When you start a new Federation character, you begin a series of introductory missions that will finish with you meeting the Admiral at Starbase 1 (Earth Spacedock).

Until you finish that sequence of missions, you're 'locked in' to it. After that, you have much more freedom.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 12:49 AM
Hey thanks guys, that answers my question. I've only been able to put in about 30 minutes so far so I just wasn't sure, but I guess I need to Trek on.