Lt. Commander
# 1 Retail Key
02-07-2010, 12:11 PM
I Have purchaced my copy of STO from steam.

I cant find were you input your retail key or setup you subscription???

Has anyone got any idea where you enter these???
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Did you get your actual key from steam? If you have it, go to http://startrekonline.com/activate. Login to the site on that page and enter your key. Then add a form of billing so your subscrption can be set up after your free 30 days.

Also, get rid of the steam client and download it from another source. Steam is garbage for updates for this game. If it finds one small file that is corrupt, it will download the full game again.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Key Already Active
02-07-2010, 12:21 PM
I recieved my key from atari yesterday but when going to activate the key a message keeps appearing which says that the key is already active and cannot be used again. This is well annoying as I have just spent 50 on a dud game! Not happy! Any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcars3 View Post
I recieved my key from atari yesterday but when going to activate the key a message keeps appearing which says that the key is already active and cannot be used again. This is well annoying as I have just spent 50 on a dud game! Not happy! Any ideas?
I am getting the same message for the key i got from steam
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KExige
I am getting the same message for the key i got from steam
if you pre-ordered from steam you will have 2 game codes on steam 1 for your pre-order and another for the retail version you purchased

right click the STO game and select view my keys makesure you have the correct game selected - not the pre-order and select copy key vist the link ted posted above and logon and paste your key if you still get the same error check in "My Account" that the key isnt active on your account

if you still get the same error contact billing support
http://www.startrekonline.com/support