Lt. Commander
# 1 Bridge Officer Respec
02-08-2010, 05:19 AM
I am too chicken to try this: If I have a BO that is a LC, and want to change his Level 1 Space slot, will it reset ONLY his Level 1 Space slot?
Not his level 2, 3 slots?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 05:30 AM
Correct, just the first level. Any points spent are lost. But at higher levels, you'll have more than enough to go around.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 05:40 AM
Really? Ok, I have a follow up question,
How does he keep his LC if he doesn't have the points?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 05:42 AM
He'll probably keep the points just in an ability he doesn't have anymore. (For example you will probably see the points in the status page, but they just won't be doing anything.)

This is pure hypothesis.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 07:02 AM
BOFFS arent your character... also Im not sure since we dont have respecs, but when you respec your captain, I dont think you drop in rank when you reset your skills to 0. It just says you need to spend the points to rank-up... not to stay at that rank.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
I am too chicken to try this: If I have a BO that is a LC, and want to change his Level 1 Space slot, will it reset ONLY his Level 1 Space slot?
Not his level 2, 3 slots?
yep, Also if u find say a Blue rare or purple rare officer, these come with moves only they have and u cant buy or train from the BO trainer.

For example my Engineer had auxiliary power to weapons 1 in his lvl1 move slot.

I found a blue rare officer who was crap but had Power to weapons 3 in the lvl 1 slot.

Now u cant get this move as a lvl 1 skill slot from the BO trainer, so I gave it to my Engineer.

Lost the blue rare BO but pimped my main Eng officer.

I love this system, you do lose the officer points on the move you have changed but these are not capped so a few missions and your back on top.