Lt. Commander
# 11
02-08-2010, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badem View Post
But for a new player in a Miranda those MKII Blues amke a huge difference to them, for a Captain farming Blues that sell for ooh 10k each?

run an instance 10 times, take 50 mins =100K = 1 transaction for a goldseller

anyone seeing the light yet? or would you like me to turn it up a little brighter?

by making low level fleet actions accessible to Admirals and Captains who can out DPS every other low level player your giving the Gold Farmers their farms to obtain the credits they need.

sadly in any MMO these areas are great for real players, but are too often giving a goldmine for Farmers, thus to stamp out the RMT business you need to impose limits on higher level and lower level player interactions.
Your saying that the only reason to do it is to be a gold monger? A credit seller?

This creeps up in every game and the solution is simple, no large cred transactions between players.

But now to I have to ask YOU this question....Does this happen every day? Is their someone in there ALL the time just wreking the game for you?

Should people feel guilty trying to make their OWN creds with a system set up by the devs, so that they can get the stuff they want? Or ...is this just an gripe fest cuz you didnt get a high score?

I ask because my son and I have been thru there on 4 diff chars, and I havent noticed this a problem to date
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2010, 05:47 AM
Or, Cryptic could do something similar as they did with their "monster" system in City of Heroes. That is, the NPC's have no level, but instead are always a set amount of levels above the player. For Player A might be level 10, and Player B might be level 30, but the level difference for the same creature would be the same.

Another alternative would be limits by ship class too. That way perhaps a higher ranked character actually enjoyed those fleet battles, and could still participate in a Miranda just like everyone else there.

The problem with the limits by class or ship type is that they make no sense for a universe "at war".
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2010, 05:55 AM
You might have seen me in my Intrepid this weekend. Since the Fleet Actions are currently set to reward only damage done, I made it a my mission to hover around a single Miranda and keep him alive the entire event. Usually, this person came in first. I find this to be good practice in the supporting role and I don't take loot from players of the intended level by doing this because I'm essentially not scoring any points by actively targetting the enemy ships.

I agree though. I think that anyone outside of the intended level range for these areas should probably not be counted. Either way, I still get to practice.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-08-2010, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
This creeps up in every game and the solution is simple, no large cred transactions between players.

But now to I have to ask YOU this question....Does this happen every day? Is their someone in there ALL the time just wreking the game for you?

Should people feel guilty trying to make their OWN creds with a system set up by the devs, so that they can get the stuff they want? Or ...is this just an gripe fest cuz you didnt get a high score?

I ask because my son and I have been thru there on 4 diff chars, and I havent noticed this a problem to date
faire enough, here are the answer to your questions

1) everytime I entered a Fleet action I have seen ships aove level in instances, I have even been in a fair few that start out fine, everyone roughly same level, all having fun, got first part done, then a CPT or ADM jummps into instance and proceeds to out DPS everyone on the last 20 enemies and gets number 1

2) Nope its not a gripe fest, i am merely thinking of other low level players who have not played the game before, trying this and then getting virtually no rewards out of it.

3) Godlseller are active in the game, the favorite method of transaction is the exchange, I have already seen the 400 cred items on sale for 100K, thats not just greedy profiteering.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-08-2010, 06:10 AM
Quote:
faire enough, here are the answer to your questions

1) everytime I entered a Fleet action I have seen ships aove level in instances, I have even been in a fair few that start out fine, everyone roughly same level, all having fun, got first part done, then a CPT or ADM jummps into instance and proceeds to out DPS everyone on the last 20 enemies and gets number 1

2) Nope its not a gripe fest, i am merely thinking of other low level players who have not played the game before, trying this and then getting virtually no rewards out of it.

3) Godlseller are active in the game, the favorite method of transaction is the exchange, I have already seen the 400 cred items on sale for 100K, thats not just greedy profiteering.
Um... Ok on the responce Except the last one...... Are you saying the gold sellers deliver the gold to the players over the exchange...Um...There is no way ( to my knowledge ) to know whom your buying the stuff from until you buy it...Sooo, dont understand your point.

Now IF someone is DUMB enough to pay thru the nose for stuff that is overpriced THEY SHOULD TURN THE PAGE ON THE VENDER LIST, usually you will find it cheaper.

MY POINT, it appeared to me you wanted to stop this becasue of gold sellers, but now it seems you find it a bitter pill that people ar placeing high on the list cuz of damage. To this I respond in kind, There are several ways to deal with this, mainly just change instance.

But to concide to your point , it would suck having some one come in every time I wanted to place on the list, but....Lol, I would just wait and change instance, and if it persisted, ask the guy to give me a break.

Either way to ban folks from the instance, well that just sucks to me
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
That happens with only people within the level range. The reward system is completely broken.

Quote:
No that is called greed (aka scams). Last time I looked I didn't notice anything telling you the name of the seller so it is impossible to reliably transfer credits in this way. If the gold sellers tried it with a specific item it wouldn't take long for people to figure it out and put up bogus items (hmmm, have to look into this).
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-08-2010, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
With all the instances avalible, why are you so upset about guys farming stuff for their officers or to make a few creds.
I tried 6 instances in a row and found at least a tier 3 ship in each of them. SB24 is now officially a tier 3 fleet action. Can the lowbies have one pretty please or do you really want them to GFTO and go back to WOW ? Are you working for Blizzard ?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-08-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
I tried 6 instances in a row and found at least a tier 3 ship in each of them. SB24 is now officially a tier 3 fleet action. Can the lowbies have one pretty please or do you really want them to GFTO and go back to WOW ? Are you working for Blizzard ?
Ok , so now only entry lvl and teir 2 ships should be allowed......um...Pfffft What ever guys
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Wow no dev post WTF? Cryptic hello anyone home?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-08-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandaquill View Post
Wow no dev post WTF? Cryptic hello anyone home?
Why would devs post on the forum? The only Cryptic employees who regularly post are CSR's.