Lt. Commander
# 1 Game Server Connection Failed
02-08-2010, 04:28 AM
Seem's like it's down yet again.

God disconnected upon Zoning with Server not responding,now every time i try to connect i get Server not Responding followed by Game Server Connection Failed.....
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 04:31 AM
not down at all but rather an issue i get when trying to change maps , like beam down to starbase 114 for "patrol Celes system" or beam up to ship after the "treasure hunter" mission

have to give it a min and then you character resets .... back to sector space
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 04:32 AM
Works for me, I just logged in.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 04:34 AM
ok Character reset to sector space,i beam back to continue,same thing again....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 04:36 AM
I'm getting the same thing. Tried entering a system to do a mission and I lost connection. Restarted the game and I was back in sector space. Tried again to enter the system and lost connection.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doumz
Seem's like it's down yet again.

God disconnected upon Zoning with Server not responding,now every time i try to connect i get Server not Responding followed by Game Server Connection Failed.....

Welcome to STO! this is a common occurence. Spent around 2 hours this weekend waiting to log in, of course that was after getting booted from the game.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 06:45 AM
Same thing happened to me yesterday trying to beam down to SB-114. But it has happened in other instances as well. I've seen the server not responding message while loading numerous times (everytime I change maps) and just keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't kick me off. It's such a pain and can take a while to be able to log in again.

I haven't looked at the bug are to see if it's a reported issue (assuming it is), but I hope someone's looking into it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 06:52 AM
I got this issue a couple of times yesterday when trying to change maps. It seems to be worse since the last patch, although to be fair you don't sit there for 10 minutes waiting now either. It may be a change made in the latest patch...instead of waiting 10 min for a map crash, it now looks like it kicks you offline if it doesn't load right for whatever reason. Purely from a mechanics perspective, I wish it would kick you back into sector space (or whereever) and not out of the game. If you keep trying eventually you get back to your original map after a few failed attempts.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2010, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard31581 View Post
Same thing happened to me yesterday trying to beam down to SB-114. But it has happened in other instances as well. I've seen the server not responding message while loading numerous times (everytime I change maps) and just keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't kick me off. It's such a pain and can take a while to be able to log in again.

I haven't looked at the bug are to see if it's a reported issue (assuming it is), but I hope someone's looking into it.
it is a well know issue, it has come to be know as the "loop of death" and is down to high sever load.