Lt. Commander
# 11
02-08-2010, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VainEldritch View Post
Spam the spammers? Interesting thought! Darling, take a note: heavy machine guns for full-backs... erm, sorry.
I lol'd; General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett VC DSO KCB FTW
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2010, 07:08 AM
I never got anything from gold spammers until i started my crafting thread, now i get loads, pm's and tells. i just report every one of them.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseSandwich View Post
I never got anything from gold spammers until i started my crafting thread, now i get loads, pm's and tells. i just report every one of them.
I saw that thread; it was very useful, so thanks to you and everyone involved for taking the time to compile it.

Back on topic, I noticed that the amount of spam I receive seems directly proportional to my forum activity. Obviously, that's just my own observation, but since forum names are ingame handles, it seems likely they're scraping the forums for targets. Those little scamps...
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karv
Back on topic, I noticed that the amount of spam I receive seems directly proportional to my forum activity. Obviously, that's just my own observation, but since forum names are ingame handles, it seems likely they're scraping the forums for targets. Those little scamps...
I totally agree