Lt. Commander
# 1 Launcher Autoupdate stuck
02-07-2010, 03:06 AM
Is anyone else getting stuck when they click on the launcher? Mine reads "Trying to update the launcher. Please be Patient." Well, it's been close to eight hours... what is the deal?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 02:12 PM
I have the exact same problem. Im just gunna wait it out and see if it works tommorow.
Lt. Commander
Try downloading and running the following: http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe

Be patient as it takes about 30-40 minutes to finish this test but if you get a bunch of timeout errors, there may be a firewall issue that you will have to deal with. Look at the items that have timed out, take note of the ports, and ensure that any firewalls you have between you and STO servers have those ports un-blocked.

1. Try turning off Windows firewall
2. Temporarily disable antivirus software
3. Run nettest.exe again and see if the timeout errors go away

If you get no timeout errors you may simply have to wait for the launcher to finish doing its' thing. Mine took about 30-45 minutes before it finally finished and allowed me to log in only to be hit with a 1 GB patch afterwards.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiebor
Try downloading and running the following: http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe

Be patient as it takes about 30-40 minutes to finish this test but if you get a bunch of timeout errors, there may be a firewall issue that you will have to deal with. Look at the items that have timed out, take note of the ports, and ensure that any firewalls you have between you and STO servers have those ports un-blocked.

1. Try turning off Windows firewall
2. Temporarily disable antivirus software
3. Run nettest.exe again and see if the timeout errors go away

If you get no timeout errors you may simply have to wait for the launcher to finish doing its' thing. Mine took about 30-45 minutes before it finally finished and allowed me to log in only to be hit with a 1 GB patch afterwards.
Ok - I did all this... Question: If my computer requires other computers to have a MAC Address could this affect my connection? Because I did connect when the Beta period was ongoing and had no problem. But now I do.