Lt. Commander
# 81
02-03-2010, 01:53 PM
Anyone preorder the deluxe Gamestop box and get it yet? My order still says "verifying". I have sent an email but haven't gotten a reply yet. It was guaranteed to be here the 2nd
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
I guess I am still stuck with trying to get relatives to get me the Del Taco cups. Not sure how I am going to procure a signed box cover though?!
Each of the 10 stores had 2 signed box covers they gave away through a drawing, I simply got lucky. Now if you want to buy it off me, lifetime membership is $240 and the collectors edition was another $80. Tax was $22.40. Give me $345 and the signed cover is yours
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-03-2010, 05:59 PM
To the two people who took me seriously, no I'm not actually selling it. That's what the winkie is for.
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-03-2010, 08:10 PM
I have the CE but can't complete the activation. I inputed the retail key but billing wants a prepaid time card. As a result I cannot use my free 30 days gametime.
Lt. Commander
# 85 we need more room
02-06-2010, 02:27 PM
hey guys tired of waiting to get in the servers i am a subscriber monthly and i think they need to at least have a server or two for others to join in the fun ...life time Trekkie ...live long and prosper ..lol
Lt. Commander
# 86
02-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeko View Post
Here we go again, your all assuming Cryptic chose which stores would be open, you guys know that Cryptic don't own GameStop right, at least to my knowledge, you do realize how much it would cost GameStop too open every single store at midnight?

I bet you Cryptic said to GameStop would you open at midnight so our guys can go pick it up then, they seem pretty desperate, you know, like they might DIE if they don't get it at midnight.
To which i bet you GameStop said, sure but we will only open the top 10 stores with the MOST pre-orders, since we don't wanna open a store for just a couple of pick-ups / sales.

Oh noes you have to wait till the next day, for **** sake most of you will be asleep, have a glass of milk go to bed, and wake up the next day and go pick it up.

Don't worry about me, ill be waiting patiently till the 18th of February when my order is shipped to me from the one New Zealand supplier.

:p
My problem with the promotion was the fact that they didn't promote it at all. A one-day notice does not count. The idea of a midnight launch didn't even enter into my mind until I saw the notice, and then I clicked the link to see which of the dozens of Gamestops in Northern VA would be hosting a launch event. Imagine my disappointment. The closest one to me was 400 miles away.

The point that I and others are making is that Cryptic doesn't appear to take their entire customer base into consideration. I can understand the logistics of trying to get Gamestop to open their stores, but Cryptic could have made sure that more major markets were covered. Washington DC and NYC didn't have midnight launches. You would think that at least one of the Gamestops in either area would have sold enough to justify the labor for a midnight launch.

Also, the Del Taco promotion is half-baked. Living in Virginia I don't have a Del Taco within 2 states. What's the point of having a national promotion that doesn't cover the whole US? Okay, maybe Del Taco was the only company that wanted to do this. Cryptic can't help that, but they could offer the shuttle to the rest of the country another way. Maybe announce that it could be purchased in the C-Store at a later date or whatever, but they didn't do that. I don't mind paying for it since you have to buy the cup at Del taco to get the shuttle code, so whatever a large drink at Del Taco costs would be fair, but no. If I want the shuttle code now I have to go on eBay (which I am not doing).

They say it's the thought that counts, and a HUGE portion of the country has been left out of both promotions. I hope that better explains our side. I know Cryptic isn't 100% to blame here, but they aren't blameless either.