Lt. Commander
# 21
02-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Architect in a small office in the southeast U.S. Been pretty slow last 12 months so I have time to look through the forums a couple of times a day....
Lt. Commander
# 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow713
I work at an office park running a facility for employees that work from home. This gives them a space to come and use our internet and printers and to have meetings, etc...

So basically I"m a glorified baby-sitter. I just started in December. They have STO's site blocked but I found some random wi-fi signal coming from the building that gets me in no problem. I would worry about this but sense I'm on a bank laptop I don't really care if anything happens to this laptop. haha

Currently looking at That Guy With the Glasses website and wondering if MarzGurl is the gorgeous girl in the nighty?
lol, no, that's not me. I'm the LESS-than-gorgeous girl in the jumpsuit with the blue hair who discusses anime news and other such equally nerdy things.

A more direct link to my stuff: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/ir/marzgurl
Lt. Commander
# 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post

I'm browsing the forums and posting from my Palm Pre.
You know...

When Closed Beta was out, I heard someone made an app to play STO over their I-phone...

It probably isn't the greatest connection, but I know if I owned an I-phone, I'd probably be all over this...

Something to look into...
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-08-2010, 09:03 AM
If it wasnt for the constant level of calls I get I'd be on right now, rather than answering issues to do with Broadband etc.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavau
that sounds like fun. that's the good thing about my job, no other departments that I have to transfer to. just take the ticket, fix the problem then mock the guy after I get back to my desk.

these is the oh so classic.
" my computer has an error"......it's saying no video signal detected...I think I may have a virus.

I always face palm at this one....cause at this point your questioning the persons ability to tell the difference between the monitor and the CPU......it's a 50/50 chance if I tell them to make sure the PC is on...they are looking at the monitor....so all you can really do at this point is slap the water and ride the wave.
THIS. I always used to think that there's just no wy people are actually THAT dumb.

This job proved to me that they, indeed, are.
"My TV says 'Press OK'. What do I do now?"

"My computer is all black! Where's my Internet?" "Turn it on./Turn on the monitor."

"Go to our web site at www.hoogaboogablah.notrealaddress." "I just see a list of similar web sites. Where do I sign in?" "Ma'am, did you just do a Google search?" "I don't know...?" "You need to type into the address bar." "Where is that?/I don't have one of those." And then you find out that the person has every single additional tool bar known to man, and SOMEHOW mysteriously managed to get rid of their address bar.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-08-2010, 09:06 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how little people will try to fix an issue before panicing and calling for help. I deal with people every day trying to hook up a laptop to a projector, or trying to access wi-fi or any number of problems that I litereally fix in less than 2 minutes just by putsing around with stuff.

I'm a nerd, a super nerd, but the amount of things that I actually know how to do 100% of the time is very little. What makes me good with computers is that i'm willing to take 5 minutes and figure out what's actually wrong or at least change settings to get an understanding of how something works. 90% of the time I fix their "problem" with a restart or switching their output settings.

No joke, I've been called to a conference meeting before, everyong in the room in complete panic. "We are doing a video conference and we aren't getting anything on the screen! What can we do?" I walked over to the TV, and turned it on. I was a hero... haha
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarzGurl View Post
lol, no, that's not me. I'm the LESS-than-gorgeous girl in the jumpsuit with the blue hair who discusses anime news and other such equally nerdy things.

A more direct link to my stuff: http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/ir/marzgurl
Less-than-gorgeous? Don't sell yourself short! Damn this connection is slow... It took five minutes to load the first second so I could see you but you look cute! Honestly, you're more my type anyway

/plays with my megaman action figure

I can say one good thing about this job is that I'm halfway through the Dark Tower series just from reading it at work.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Greetings from a dialup CSR office in NW Arkansas.....

Yes...I said Dialup. I work for a dialup ISP based in NW Arkansas. Seriously...Dialup still exists.

I'm not kidding.

I start work at 7am.

Usually nap until about 10/10:30, watch movies, or sometimes play games.

However our computers here can't run STO, else I'd be playing that. (nVidia onboard 6150LE video chipset...Seriously won't cut it)

Officially my job is to troubleshoot dialup connectivity. We do offer DSL...but It works...We rarely talk to our DSL customers. hehe

Mostly I do very little and get paid for it.

Sometimes the owner comes in...grabs a chair and goes to sleep too...

I love this job.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow713
Less-than-gorgeous? Don't sell yourself short! Damn this connection is slow... It took five minutes to load the first second so I could see you but you look cute! Honestly, you're more my type anyway

/plays with my megaman action figure

I can say one good thing about this job is that I'm halfway through the Dark Tower series just from reading it at work.
Which Mega Man? You say megaman, I just assume regular old Mega Man (Rockman).
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
Greetings from a dialup CSR office in NW Arkansas.....

Yes...I said Dialup. I work for a dialup ISP based in NW Arkansas. Seriously...Dialup still exists.

I'm not kidding.

I start work at 7am.

Usually nap until about 10/10:30, watch movies, or sometimes play games.

However our computers here can't run STO, else I'd be playing that. (nVidia onboard 6150LE video chipset...Seriously won't cut it)

Officially my job is to troubleshoot dialup connectivity. We do offer DSL...but It works...We rarely talk to our DSL customers. hehe

Mostly I do very little and get paid for it.

Sometimes the owner comes in...grabs a chair and goes to sleep too...

I love this job.

Dial-up? Then maybe it's YOU I'm on hold with! 'Cause that's who I've been on hold with for the last half an hour!