Lt. Commander
# 21
02-08-2010, 07:45 AM
why would the dev's repsond? they are busy fixing the game not trawling the website.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandaquill View Post
Wow no dev post WTF? Cryptic hello anyone home?
I find it funny that his post happened at 6:30 am (pacific time) on a Monday morning, the day after the Super Bowl. I mean, really - devs are people too, ok? They're not androids with positronic brains that have no need for sleep and don't occasionally have to try to beat rush hour traffic while fighting a hangover.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-08-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm low level so I'm in the area where this is an issue for me but guess what? It's not an issue for me. If someone is farming an instant I move to a different one. There is simply not enough content available in this game for the devs to start closing some players out for any reason what so ever.

It sounds more like your upset about compition than right and wrong. Move to another zone, it's not that hard.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyluryn
I'm low level so I'm in the area where this is an issue for me but guess what? It's not an issue for me. If someone is farming an instant I move to a different one. There is simply not enough content available in this game for the devs to start closing some players out for any reason what so ever.

It sounds more like your upset about compition than right and wrong. Move to another zone, it's not that hard.
/facepalm

did you even read all the psots?

move to a new instant? ok done that, got the first sections (kills ships) done, started on battelships and oh whats that? a CPT ship, PEW PEW, ranking screwed

moving to a new instant does not cure the problem, since anyone can jump in with a T4/T5 ship and screw you out of your reward
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-08-2010, 09:59 AM
I said this in another thread, but I'll toss it here to see if I can contribute...

Quote:
Possible simple solutions...

- If you are LT Cmdr 12 or more, you simply just don't get a drop if you win. That way, you can go in, have fun, help your friends, but you don't take the loot away from the players you would benefit from the loot. The game cycles through the list and awards the prizes to the players who are level appropriate.

OR

- All Blue and Green items that drop in the zone are Bind on PICKUP. Then, despite others losing out on potential loot to higher levels, ther is no point in farming the area and flooding the market with these items and removes Gold Farming potential harvests.

OR

- Pro-rate the DPS heavily the more the level of the player exceeds the bracket of the instance.

OR

- Simply do not track the points of a player who is Lt Cmdr 12 or higher. So you can go there, test stuff, wreak havock on the Klingons, but bottom line, your name doesn't even show up in the list once the mobs are done. You get no loot and perhaps even less Skill Points.
There are a TON of other ways to deal with this issue.

What needs to be determined is what does Cryptic want Starbase 24 to be and who do they want to be able to benefit from it.

Cheers!
Suggestive_Canuck
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Fleet Actions should simply scale the reward calculation on each player's level. The higher the level, the more you have to do for the same place in the final reward distribution.

For example, for the same reward, a Level 10 player might have to do 10,000 damage, a level 20 player would have to do 40,000 damage, a level 3 100,000 damage (numbers are made up). The appropriate numbers could easily be aquired by Cryptic just having typical ships and loadouts in each level bracket do some dps tests.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-08-2010, 10:15 AM
the biggest problem i see is the farmers. no mateer what we do they will be there. my god there like 1000 or more spammer on there eveyday trying to get u to spend your money on ceds that they farm. so they will keep farming the areas and keep spamming the hell out of ppl so they can make a living