Lt. Commander
# 81
02-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Has anyone else noticed that your speed reduces quite significantly while using the wired 360pad sticks to manoeuvre your ship by holding the stick at set points? is it just me is there a setting for this?
Lt. Commander
# 82 Bump.
02-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Cryptic should have built in support to map joystick key presses when you're setting up the key binds via the UI. Bt thanks to the OP for posting instructions.
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynabal View Post
Has anyone else noticed that your speed reduces quite significantly while using the wired 360pad sticks to manoeuvre your ship by holding the stick at set points? is it just me is there a setting for this?
Oddly, I am getting this on the wireless controller as well-- but only in some systems! I can travel to a planet and steer without any issue, and the next system I'll turn and notice a marked decrease in speed as I maneuver. it seems kind of random.
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond.makowski View Post
Oddly, I am getting this on the wireless controller as well-- but only in some systems! I can travel to a planet and steer without any issue, and the next system I'll turn and notice a marked decrease in speed as I maneuver. it seems kind of random.
I think i know whats going on, I like the ship to fly like a plane (flight sim) so pushing down on L stick makes ship go up, pushing up on L stick makes ship go down, but if i push the L stick just a tiny bit up the ship goes UP?? and vice versa if i push down on L stick a tiny bit makes ship goes DOWN? im guessing the game defaults as up is up and down is down and is somehow overriding my binds?

really annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-08-2010, 02:37 PM
The camera speed keybind I posted in this thread helps with that. When I switch from ground to space or back I have to hit the bind to speed back up the camera/character turn. Same as in CO.
Lt. Commander
# 86 Help
02-08-2010, 06:31 PM
I seem to be having trouble getting set up with the 360 controller. I've never done this kind of stuff before, but I'm sure I followed Ray's directions correctly. In space I can rotate the cam, both sticks work fine, but I can't seem to be able to use the d-pad at all. I don't know what's wrong. And for ground controls, my feet don't leave the ground,... like I'm sliding forward very slowly. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-08-2010, 10:10 PM
remember, you must also load the separate /bind file for the ground controls.
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-09-2010, 05:30 AM
I have tried the 2 posted txt files in order to use the xbox gamepad. However I find that the buttons only work intermittently. I cannot use the triggers to fire weapons and only the target nearest setting ie both bumpers works. I have tried amending the txt file with no luck. Any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 89
02-09-2010, 03:49 PM
hmmm.

Not sure why this would happen (most bindings not working) I can understand the bridge officer powers not working because it would depend on where you placed them in the trays (I have the buttons bound to certain tray slots and did not use the specific BO power binds)

but the whole not firing weapons thing has me baffled. That should be a definite across all as it's its own /bind command. (not a tray power)

I will post my REV4 /bind files tonite and see if that helps. Anyone else have any ideas?
Lt. Commander
# 90
02-09-2010, 06:06 PM
okay, so here's the thing: when i try to bind via the options menu in the game, i find that i'm unable to bind to most buttons on my controller. IE: I assigned .throttleadjust .25 to my lstick up just to see if it was working, and it was fine... however, when i try the same for joypad_up it doesnt even register. Same goes for most of my buttons. I checked functionality of the controller through windows and all buttons are in proper working order when I test them. Any ideas?