Lt. Commander
# 31
02-08-2010, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriFoxfirega
Is it being a fan in this instance, or genuinely being annoyed by seeing multiple posts stating the same stuff?

The world may never know.
You could tell from the title that it was going to be a rant about something or another so you could have easily just skipped over it rather than clicking and reading it.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-08-2010, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap.Canuck
so this is what seems to be normal

I log in wait in a 20min Q head to my quest, Finish it then when zoneing back to space i get server timed out booted Then back in a 20min Q (this is making me not want to pay for this game at all)

this is happining a lot and to almost everyone that playes. If this keeps going on for much longer im sure STO will be in the bargen bin very soon

I love the game just wish it was worth paying for and its not if this keep going on for much longer !
I got a feeling that the issue can be either a security setting (can be a security setting at ISP even) or your own computer that drops the connection. Even though it says server not reponding it does not explain why it is not repsonding, and since a game client cannot make the difference between Cryptic server not responding or that it get blocked somewhere else it should be looked into.

I know i will be flamed for this, but i am not belittleing your problem, just trying to suggest what can be wrong.

I have never had this problem myself with STO and neither has any of my friends, so you can not say it is almost everyone that plays. But i have had it with other games. WoW for instance a few hundred players in Australia could not play for a few days after battle.net (their login service) came online, due to TPG (a ISP here) servers would not allow the server connection through due to a line of code it was blocking.

To eliminate your own system, exit all security and firewalls (even on modem and or router) and try to connect, but remember to activate it again straight away even if it then work, so you do not get infected with any nastys.

If this work, then you know, if it does not, well then we know that as well.

If you like PM me and i will try to guide you through it if you are not sure how to do this.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-08-2010, 05:37 AM
Wow that last post was seriously the only helpful post in the entire thread.

Seriously though if settings relating to information transit aren't to blame (which I thought was personnaly off-topic, but nevertheless attempting to find an alternative problem by suggested an alternate issue.)

Capacity is a known issue, they are supposed to be improving this, I had the same issue with rubber banding and a whole host of other issues as late as last night.

As time goes on Cryptic should find a way to stabilise their servers with a good capacity where peak hours only suffer minor lag (I personally believe they need a European server farm but hey ho, that's just me).

Once this happens the queue times will presumably drop - since they won't need to control how many people are going into the game quite so much. At the moment with regards to the "fake" queue that's probably true that it is just a way to control the rate at which people are connecting to the server.

Anyway - thread should die now, enough of these identical posts.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Yanno what annoys me?

How every day we have more people making threads complaining about this issue, thinking that THEIR rant is a unique and beautiful snowflake when they could either A) realize many people are complaining about it and Cryptic probably already knows (PROTIP: They do) about the issue, or B) add in their thoughts to the thread of their choice already in progress.

We know. We knew three days ago. >( Stop clutterin' the board!
You are an ass.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladinbob View Post
People like the OP are paying customers and have every right in the world to complain about a product and service that isn't working to their satisfaction. Having people vent their frustration on the forum is infinately better than having them get so ****ed off that they cancel their subscription. So stop complaining and trolling every time someone vents their frustration and allow them to get it out of their system before STO ends up dead because of a lack of customers.
I didn't say that he, or anyone else, shouldn't. But they should preferably do it in a thread already in progress, rather then feel that their issue (that we've heard already, and many times) is important enough to warrant a whole new thread just because they want attention. Bumping threads already in progress does get that issue looked at again as a reminder when people browse the board, after all.

EDIT: Removed a comment; I was thinking of one of the other dozens of threads on this. My apologies to the OP for the mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonRocko View Post
You are an ass.
I don't think I've contested this fact anywhere. There's probably a million less sarcastic ways I could have replied to this, but I didn't feel it was an issue worth being polite or civil over.

So, yes, I am. But, at the same time, I can at least say I don't spam the board with useless threads (I merely post in them on occasion).
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-08-2010, 09:28 AM
What Que? for pvp? I experience no que wait time for anything.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-08-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Yanno what annoys me?

How every day we have more people making threads complaining about this issue, thinking that THEIR rant is a unique and beautiful snowflake when they could either A) realize many people are complaining about it and Cryptic probably already knows (PROTIP: They do) about the issue, or B) add in their thoughts to the thread of their choice already in progress.

We know. We knew three days ago. >( Stop clutterin' the board!
^QTF
/10char