Lt. Commander
# 1 Where is the Excelsior?
02-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Excelsior-class anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 09:15 AM
Missing it too. Someone else mentioned Nebula class. Would love to see that too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Yeah, I would love to see it as AT LEAST (even though nobody will like it) as a downloadable ship/parts class at the C-store, yeah, and I would also like BOTH versions. The original (USS Excelsior) and the refit (USS Enterprise-B) So Crytpic, will you please do this for us?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 09:25 AM
No doubt, it and other ships will be C Store micro transactions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Not around at the moment. I'd bet my dinner however that there'll be more ships in the near future - if not unique classes, then customisation options allowing things like Excelsior or Enterprise-C
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 09:31 AM
From appearances, Cryptic got a license to use the likenesses of a very limited number of ships - enough to have ONE canon ship for Tiers 1-5 for the Federation, and about the same for Klingon, Romulan, and Borg.

Since Cryptic decided that most would wnat to play Federation (COMPLETELY ignoring their experiences with CoH/CoV and CO), they fleshed out the Federation side wiht "original" designs and allowed kitbashing between them (kinda odd to kitbash a ship that was a kitbash to begin with (Centaur, I'm looking at you!))

Klingons were provided with ship designs that were obsolets at the time of The Original Series (Birds of Prey models from Enterprise, for Chrissake). Same with the Romulams, whose "Birds of Prey" also date from ST:Enterprise, instead of the one they should have gone with..the one from TOS.

Some of the ships inthe game they wanted, but had to rework the meshes either because the originals had been lost over at ILM (Norway-class) or had been designed to be seen at a long distance away, and as such were too coarse for the game (Steamrunner) - which is why they were renamed "Oslo" and "Zephyr", respectively to avoid confustion.

Excelsior was one of the ones they didn't get a license too, so they did a similar ship to avoid copyright issues: the Vigilant.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Enterprise-C was an Ambassador Class, yes, I do know that there was money issues etc, etc, etc. But I think that they have so many people they'll be able to get more meshes for different starships, little by little they'll add new ship designs and stuff, I'm just saying what I want.