Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Good thoughts and observations in everyones posts. I learn new stuff everyday, which is of course the object for me. I hope these arent stupid questions I ask, just trying to learn is all.

And yes I know this has probably been asked before, but just what IS a good tactic vs the fed ball. I have I guess unfortunately been a part of many of the bad ones (obviously in which I wasnt much help either) because it seems to usually decimate all the klings in the battles I have fought.

AHA!! I even admited I wasnt any help lol!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2010, 09:49 AM
in my experience the biggest pain in the ass to a fed ball is being attacked and focused from directly above the ball. Confuses many people for a few seconds and it is hard for the feds to launch torpedos at yall.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2010, 09:52 AM
doing premade and using 5 rifts same time on every fed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-08-2010, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
doing premade and using 5 rifts same time on every fed.
I apologize in advance if this is a newb question...but what do you mean by "premade" and "rifts"

Don't know the terms.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QorChang View Post
I apologize in advance if this is a newb question...but what do you mean by "premade" and "rifts"

Don't know the terms.
mmmmm.....

Premade = a team that is made before joining a PvP map ( meaning you know the dudes and select your ships,weapons and talents teamwork in mind or a group that functions better )

check the skills thru, explore a lil
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QorChang View Post

Don't know the terms.
Premade= Like the previous post said. Normally Fleet teams and such.

I will never tell a klink what a rift is!!!
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post

check the skills thru, explore a lil
Ahhhh Tyken's Rift, kk got ya.

Lt. Commander
# 18
02-08-2010, 10:33 AM
I LOVE Defence Pattern: Tribble!

Sitting cloaked and working out who to take out first and then a follow up target after that can be really fun. Plus you never know how it will turn out. And I'm fine having a weaker hull and shield cause I have to use tactics to win. I have spoken to a few people now that were Feds and came over to try out Kling and loved how such tactics were needed in order to captain such an amazing vessel in our mighty empire.

Klingon ships are like a powerful muscle car....handle her right and she will do anything but make one mistake and she will put you into a wall.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-08-2010, 10:57 AM
capture and hold is much more fun because the two tactics that ruin the deathmatches are very ineffective (cloak ambush/run & fedball) because the point of them is survival. If you die in C&H, no harm no foul, you just respawn 10 seconds later and go back to capping and fighting. Theres no "magic number" in kills that a person has to reach, just a point system that drains for not controlling enough territory. It's super easy to split off and cap a few areas if theres a big battle and its super easy to mob at a single area that you need to capture.

cloak ganking in C&H loses it's vital strategic importance and becomes a simple tactic that helps to influence solo capping areas and small battles

fedball in C&H loses it's vital strategic importance because if you maintain the ball you will lose from the timer.

what people don't understand about C&H is that that super large battle at one capture point doesnt actually matter except to stall the opponent out over one area long enough to capture the other areas. It's not the end of the game if you lose there.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-08-2010, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekTheStars
Klingon ships are like a powerful muscle car....handle her right and she will do anything but make one mistake and she will put you into a wall.
Sadly it's more like "if any 1 of the 10 spotty teenagers you loaned your car keys to makes one mistake it'll put you ALL into a wall."