Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
I've noticed that you can't beam down to Earth like you can Vulcan, Andor, etc.

Here's a thought: Why not let the Earth location be Starfleet Academy?

Not only would it be awesome to do my space-business at Starfleet Academy instead of Earth Starbase, but I'd also love to see some training or other options put in so that there was a reason to beam down besides sightseeing.

Perhaps new officer recruiting should be removed from most (all?) Starbases and placed instead at Starfleet Academy. Makes a lot of sense if you think about it.

Other ideas for functions that Starfleet Academy could have?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Actually, I think Starfleet Headquarters in San Francisco (the Academy is also there) would be more suitable. It would be nice to be able to go down there and have stuff to do - like missions, meeting people, personnel requisitions, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbre View Post
Actually, I think Starfleet Headquarters in San Francisco (the Academy is also there) would be more suitable. It would be nice to be able to go down there and have stuff to do - like missions, meeting people, personnel requisitions, etc.
Wait...isn't Starfleet HQ and Starfleet Academy both in San Francisco?

Maybe we should get both! And a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 07:37 PM
This is actually a good idea, I approve!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 08:00 PM
Hmm ... now that you mention it didn't Species 8472 (the Undine) once make a replica of Starfleet Academy. Sounds like a possible mission string to me that would relate to the game fairly well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapaveza View Post
Hmm ... now that you mention it didn't Species 8472 (the Undine) once make a replica of Starfleet Academy. Sounds like a possible mission string to me that would relate to the game fairly well.
Whoa, that would be a cool use of the design. Once you've made the real Starfleet on Earth, you could totally have the Species 8472 mission to investigate and destroy their replica.

It would be awesome if this mission took your bridge officer designs and used them as "8472-mirror" officers. Fake replicas of real people for you to eventually defeat.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 09:30 AM
didn' t starfleet HQ get leveled during the dominion wars (i remember a scene id DS9 where the golden gate bridge and most of san fran were smoldering ruins)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 09:54 AM
While we're at it, where the hell is Spacedock? The station you dock at doesn't look anything like it, don't see it in the background anywhere either. Is the space station we dock at supposed to be the Spacedock from the movies/series remodeled?

Might be cool if, when you look out the windows you see not a starfield, but the interior of spacedock, complete with your ship sitting there, ala Earth and Beyond.

On to Starfleet Academy...

You could make a pretty sweet ground location for Starfleet Academy, and with it, add some cool content. For example, you could work in a "Simulator" which would offer some of the more iconic moments as playable missions. These could be PvP or PvE. In the case of PvP, this would allow for some Fed vs. Fed scenarios, much like Klingon House Battles.

Something like:

Wrath of Khan. One-on-One PvP match, one player takes control of the Enterprise, one takes the Reliant. This would be post their first go-around, Enterprise would start damaged.

Fleet Battle Simulation: Wolf 359

Klingon Attack of DS9

Feds vs. Scimitar with some Romulan NPC allies,

etc.