Lt. Commander
# 1 Skill distribution.
02-08-2010, 12:03 PM
I read the little KDF FAQ sticky, but I need some further advice.

Right now I have my skills distribution set up as so:

Lieutenant; Grade 6.

Starship Energy weapons - 5
Starship Projectile weapons - 5
Assault training - 4
Close Combat - 4
Starship engineering - 6
Starship warp core - 5
Starship operations - 5
Starship command - 4
Tactical team leader - 4

Now, is this ok for me starting out or should i remake and put the points in some other fashion? Still learning here, and I'm going to be 100% Klingon. I'm tactical, and I want to either fly a tanking ship or dps ship, not sure which yet. If you guys could help me out, I would really appreciate it. If you'd like to get ahold of me in game, name is Koroth@Vhyle.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 12:28 PM
I'd appreciate some help too, but I can't get to my stats (I'm at work). I'd like take my ship and crew in the direction of tanking, but I'm a bit clueless when it comes to ship classes and abilities, whats garbage and whats not. Must haves and priorities would be appreciated.

Additionally is it worth upping lower skills or should I save them for the LT skills?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 01:25 PM
not really a big mystery for the first two tiers as you will be filling up just about every box in order to level.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elecstrk View Post
not really a big mystery for the first two tiers as you will be filling up just about every box in order to level.
That's basically it. But you've got the basics down already, your skill distribution is fine. You can't go wrong just pumping your weapons.

Personally, I don't put anything into ground combat as I find ground combat to be unininteresting, unfun, and a gigantic waste of time. Those skillpoints go to space combat, where they can make a huge difference.

The real choices come later in T3 and beyond where you have to start specializing more. (Wait, I like this skill and it keys off of sensors...so I need to pump sensors. But what if I find this other skill I actually like more and I want to swap out the original skill, but then all my sensor skills are wasted...)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Thanks Gaglug that really helps me out there. I guess I can't remove those skill points from ground.. unless far later or something. I'll continue to pump the skills I have then and watch for skills I'll need down the road.