Lt. Commander
Seriously.... when the feds hit Admiral in a week of casual pay time what incentive is there for them to roll a Klingon and play that side of the game?

Klingons have different looking ships, whoopdie doooo.
Klingons can use the same weapons as Feds, Zzzzzzz.
Klingons participate in the same pvp matches, and when Feds can join FvF then Klingons will suffer.
Klingons pve content will be cut and paste of Federation pve content.

If you are a Star Trek Fan, and passionate about Klingons then you know why you are playing one.... but this game was designed to cater to the drooling console tard masses. and they might not get it. For the multiple Admirals in my sister fleet (fed side), they came to me on Klingon advice because it's my focus and they are bored. Best advice I have to give them is the Klingon side is more of the same... and even more buggy and unfinished than the fed side.

What is Cryptic going to do to salvage the Klingon side and make it an alternative to bored Federation players who want to continue their STO experience, but want something different than what the Federation side provided?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 03:07 PM
if you hit admiral/general...games over and you can move on/back to your own game for the next months, untill there MAY be a content patch
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridion View Post
if you hit admiral/general...games over and you can move on/back to your own game for the next months, untill there MAY be a content patch
But rolling Klingons or participating in pvp is the only thing you can do when you go that high. Paying customers are suppose to sit around bored waiting for a patch? What if Cryptic releases content as DLC? Do you expect players to pay for that even after they payed for a fifty dollar game they were able to complete in a few days?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 03:12 PM
no as I said, when you hit general you can cancel your account and go back to your old game you played before...easy as that...I am going to hit general next days and will see that drama for myself
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridion View Post
no as I said, when you hit general you can cancel your account and go back to your old game you played before...easy as that...I am going to hit general next days and will see that drama for myself
What the hell is General rank?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 03:49 PM
the klingon version of admiral
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
But rolling Klingons or participating in pvp is the only thing you can do when you go that high. Paying customers are suppose to sit around bored waiting for a patch? What if Cryptic releases content as DLC? Do you expect players to pay for that even after they payed for a fifty dollar game they were able to complete in a few days?
I'm hoping Cryptic learned from their embarrassing CO content patch debacle and won't charge for features they promised pre-release.

The reason why you have bored fed players playing Klingon toons is for two reasons:

1) There isn't enough content on the fed side
2) There's even less on the Klingon side.

I originally wanted to get to the required fed level and then play Klingon, but I quickly found in beta that there is so little content it's a repetitive mess. Especially in the beginning of the Klingon game the ship feels completely overpowered and it's another faceroll. At least there's some solid challenges (if you solo everything) on the fed side.

They've all but said they released the game with the Klingons not being completed, and that's one of the focuses of the first content patch. If you can hold out till then, hopefully you'll see improvement.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lx31
Thats not the only thing you can do...

There are plenty of things you can do in this game at Admiral level. Like learn about just how craptastic Cryptics ambiguous skill system is.

Sarcasm and irritation aside, I have found plenty of things to do at RA level and none of it involves rolling a klink OR PvP.

Me thinks some Admirals just don't know where to look, or have no friends. My vote is more toward the latter.