Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abradax
Does no one else want more variety?

Am I the only person who likes the away missions?
No your not the only one-I like to explore ground and do ground combat more too. I like to have loot to sell that gives me extra cash to spend and space combat hasnt done that for me, not to mention I am really struggling with ship manuevers during combat. so it gives me relief to do some away missions.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2010, 03:32 PM
I would love to see more ground content with far more variation and possibly even some irrevocable choices.

Stuff that could leave you with a highly disappointed response from Admiral Quinn to maybe almost one of abject horror if you did it truly and horribly wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2010, 03:50 PM
If if like ground missions, you'll love the Zelas nebula @ 40. It's 80% repeating ground missions where you do the same thing over and over and over again. I, on the other hand think it's the worst zone made by any game, ever. Oh it's also the highest level content in the game so if you want to do exploraion, or just mark x drops there no where else to go.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-08-2010, 04:51 PM
/signed

We should be able to sign up for just ground or just space ... instead of trying to crawl through that disaster they they call a PvP menu.

And we should be able to sign up for the next available ground or space.

Why they had to make it so complicated and confusing is beyond me, that has to be one of the most poorly design, and cryptic option menu I've ever seen ... hell my VCR setup from 20 years ago was easier to navigate.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Althought I despise the away missions, I'm going to have to agree. It is a unique concept and deserving of attention, plus there are those who like it.

At the same time, I'd like NPCs that just give space specific missions (and I don't mean Defend X sector commander NPCs). I'd like to know that that patrol mission I just picked up will not involve an away mission. Or that exploration, or stop that pirate, etc.

Similarly, the away team npcs would do the same, but instead of guaranteed space encounters, it just requires you to go to x system and beam on down.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2010, 05:26 PM
I agree, it would be interesting, I like the missions the way they are, but I want more missions that involve different things, yes, Star Trek you have missions that you went onto the ground, then into space, etc, etc, etc. But here's the thing, it kinda is stupid to have just those kind, I would like more variety, and not just in the mission types, but in the mission objectives, most are like "go here", "kill this guy", "talk to this dude", end, repeat, where the diversity? Where's diplomacy? Where's REAL exploration?? Combat is good, I like it, but combat should not be everything, its like what that one Tellerite guy said during your first exploration mission, it may be a time of war, but the Federation still has time to do what it was meant to to, to boldly go where no one has gone before!

So, this should not just include ground, it should include all aspects of the game.