Lt. Commander
# 1 Ground pvp WTH
02-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Ok so it seems to be a regular thing now. in a FvK ground battle i go in as a fed no problem. Its during these battles that it get weird. First of all it now seems ever battle is 4 feds Vs 5 Klings the hole fight, even after the fight win or lose it showed 4 fed and 5 klings.

Second thing i see is the spawn places 9 out of 10 i spawn near where i die or close enough that the other faction just has to turn around and open fire. I have even spawned on mines which in returned slowed me long enough for the all the other faction to shoot at me. now once or twice i can under stand and not get to made about, tho its the 7 or 8 times in a row where the server is basically feeding the other side kills that's getting iterating.

A even larger problem i see on both sides is the 5 on 1 starting where one side has only 1 player for a good 5 mins before anyone on their sides come to help while the other side has a full team. would it be so hard to place in a small code that dose not allow the game to start if the match is that uneven.

anyone else getting any of this ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood-line View Post
Ok so it seems to be a regular thing now. in a FvK ground battle i go in as a fed no problem. Its during these battles that it get weird. First of all it now seems ever battle is 4 feds Vs 5 Klings the hole fight, even after the fight win or lose it showed 4 fed and 5 klings.

Second thing i see is the spawn places 9 out of 10 i spawn near where i die or close enough that the other faction just has to turn around and open fire. I have even spawned on mines which in returned slowed me long enough for the all the other faction to shoot at me. now once or twice i can under stand and not get to made about, tho its the 7 or 8 times in a row where the server is basically feeding the other side kills that's getting iterating.

A even larger problem i see on both sides is the 5 on 1 starting where one side has only 1 player for a good 5 mins before anyone on their sides come to help while the other side has a full team. would it be so hard to place in a small code that dose not allow the game to start if the match is that uneven.

anyone else getting any of this ?

dood, you just have bad luck. You may want to send in a ticket 'cause you might be the only person having these problems.

less more
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2010, 01:19 PM
the last issue is a pvp wide issue where it starts off with a bad number of players. and whats bad is that sometimes it loads an uneven amount of players (I've had space:arena go 3 feds 7 klinks and ground combat go 2 klinks 8 feds; I think, point still stands)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Ground PvP has some really glaring issues. I can go into more, but the uneven starts are ridiculous. It's bad when the match starts with 5 vs 1. It doesn't surprise me if stupid s**t like this regularly happening ****es people off to never PvP again, which would be bad.

This is, IMO, a VERY big issue considering this MMO's IP. You can read about on these forums alot of first time MMO players giving STO a shot solely because of the Star Trek name and that they're huge fans. This is terribly embarrassing for the game's community when someone's first PvP experience is getting a******* 5v1. And on top of it, repeatedly spawning right in front of the opposition.

As a regular PvPer, this irks me alot. I can't imagine how a brand new MMO player would feel about it.

The PvP ques should not start a match unless there's a certain number of players with at least somewhat even numbers per side. Anything but starting out to the ridiculous tune of 5v1
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2010, 09:00 PM
TC everything you have mentioned has been a staple of competitive FPS games for decades now...welcome to real gaming son. You got your cherry popped.