Lt. Commander
# 21
02-03-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expertimp
Also another question I had was after you get your uss enterpirse class ship from the c-store does it appear in the ship select guys thing as a ship with a odd name? Becuase I check it lastnight and didn't see a ship called uss enterprise in there with my ship but another one. I didn't get time to try it though and see if it was the enterpise just called something else though...
It's not the actual U.S.S. Enterprise; it's just a generic Constitution-class ship. So it will have some random name, but that's the one. You get one free rename so you could make it the Enterprise if you REALLY wanted...
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinksincode View Post
It's not the actual U.S.S. Enterprise; it's just a generic Constitution-class ship. So it will have some random name, but that's the one. You get one free rename so you could make it the Enterprise if you REALLY wanted...
But be aware you will likely be one of many
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-03-2010, 01:37 PM
Actually the name Enterprise is not allowed.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-03-2010, 03:47 PM
This is a great thread. I'll add a couple:

1 ) Flanking makes a BIG difference in ground combat. Taking a moment to position your bridge officers in spread-out areas, and getting them to focus fire, will help burn down enemies much more effectively.

2 ) Check the tooltips on your shield-boosting powers, if you have any. Emergency Power to Shields and Rotate Shield Frequency don't just restore your shields quickly, they also temporarily reduce the amount of damage you take for the next several seconds (30 seconds for EPS, if I recall correctly.) Kicking one of them on right before a half-dozen Klingon ships all lay into you with cannons and torpedoes could save your life.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-03-2010, 04:00 PM
In space combat, hitting spacebar fires all beam weapons, and hitting ctrl+spacebar fires all torpedoes. Had to have my torpedoes on the shortcut bar until I saw that tooltip on a loading screen.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-04-2010, 10:03 AM
When Crafting, if you decide to take that route, you can use items placed in your bank. You don't need to carry materials in your inventory.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-04-2010, 10:48 AM
You can adjust each of the preset power levels, not just the custom one. Just go to page 3 of the power setting display, click on the setting you want to change, adjust the sliders, then click on the disk icon to save.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
Using Replicator or Traveling merchants gives you fewer energy credits than if you visit a Federation vendor on a space station. I believe the 'black market' Ferengi also gives a lower credit return as well.
It's worth noting that you can only use your replicator when you are on your ship in space, not when on a planet or space station, or even on your bridge.

You get approximately half value for your goods by selling to a starfleet vendor at a Starbase, or 40% from the replicator. transports are also 40%. Ferengi Merchants and Mudd are the lowest value I've seen, at 30%.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsnow View Post
I knew this one but it seams a lot of people don't....

All mission information can be obtained by actually READING the mission log!!
WRONG!
I have come a across a few missions that don't include enough information such as the sector block.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-09-2010, 07:40 AM
Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for starting this thread, and thanks again to everyone contributing. Unfortunately, I don't have anything to add, except to voice my frustration about the most poorly documented game that I have ever played.

I am curious about the certain stats and how they effect gameplay. For example, I recently looted a starship component that had he description " +7.5 to space anomolies."

(Sigh)... Is there some sort of guide out there that better explains these?

Anyway, keep up the good work. I recently informed my roommate on the 10 day trial about a number of these tidbits, including using your tricorder to find objectives. Things like that make a world of difference in playability and enjoyment.

Come on, Cryptic. Take some pride in your work.
Closed Thread