Lt. Commander
# 31
02-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Bottom line is this dude. Enter a CC# or go to Best Buy and get yourself a prepaid game card if you want to play the game. Otherwise, take off!!!
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-09-2010, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaktak
It never ceased to amaze me the rage I see on forums like these. It's either the same people doing it over and over again as they migrate from game to game spreading their joy /snicker, or we just have alot of really unpleasant folks here in this world these days.

I have not seen Cryptic ask anything of us in playing STO that other companies required me to play their games.
You mean you didnt read the bottom line of the box / eula that requires you to send them your first born child so they can put him to work in the wheels that feed the servers?
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-09-2010, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivewasp View Post
You mean you didnt read the bottom line of the box / eula that requires you to send them your first born child so they can put him to work in the wheels that feed the servers?
Thats WoW, they are the ones who made those contracts and need to feed thier demonic servers new flesh every month or so to keep them from crashing.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-09-2010, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by konfitura View Post
Why i cannot play without setting up subscription?
I DON T WANT TO SET UP ANY SUBSCRIPTION YOU MAGGOTS!

i got my 30 free days I VE ALLREDY PAID FOR
so let me use them, m'kay?

I DONT WANT PAYPAL AC**** AND FORGET ABOUT MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER

let me activate my account

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Your Pal, Indigofyre
I have had to do that for every MMO I've ever played. I don't see what the problem is, since you can cancel the sub before the thirty days are up and not be charged. You said you had a job, so I assume you have a visa or another CC, or the cash to get a game card.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Well the problem was in Warhammer online.

You got to had credit card to play. It sets up automatic monthly subscription (until they fixed it).
When you pressed cancel it somehow works for few hours, and restablish subscription.
So when i found out that warhammer charged me twice for subscription i wasnt using, and i didnt have any payback i get totally ****ed off. And it happened to few more people. Very very annoying.

so yes, im getting ****ed off when someone FORCES me for CC when there are other options.

And yes, im in age that i have credit card and a job. And its not the first mmo. But i cant argue with fans and trekkies sitting all the time at the forums and looking for ppl that think sthat STO gor bad sides.

"He said sth wrong about STO"
"He must be WoW kid!"

When i do rage on forums like this, i throw out that problem and feel calm and happy, so im very glad that they are "people" who do take it personally.
Cheers, bye
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Quote:
I think wow does; some don't though... not sure which ones; from memory I might suspect EVE to be one of those; new boxed editions come with a camecard to activate the game for 2 months or something... and you can renew it with gamecards; no credit card needed.
Yah, you do. When I went to first set up a Wow account it was a huge **** off. Then I looked at other MMO's and pretty much all of them are the same way too. Set up account WITH CC or PP, then you get your 30 days of free time. Only exception I've seen is Eve with its 14 day trial. But with that I was running into account limits within 3 days.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Quote:
You know that chinese gold farmers also cause a lot of other problems with account security; master account credit card fraud and so on? They're a real pain for mmo companies; and most of the time they don't really pay; they use free trial accounts. OR existing players accounts in the case of their powerleveling services. Either way; mmo companies don't really want these parasite anymore than the players want them. They're a real source of problems and headaches.

One "angry" customer is never a good thing; but the angry customer was considered able to read what's on the box he bought...
Why does everyone call them Chinese? I know at least 3 US based RMT sellers.