Lt. Commander
# 11
02-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Is this a serious question? If so, Borg, hands down, no contest whatsoever. Orbital bombardment could level the planet, they can scoop everything OFF the planet and dump it in sun if they want. Technologically and numerically the Borg are light years beyond Skynet.

If it isn's a serious question then "wtf y00 chattin' 'bout, Terminators is like WAY cooler than stoopid g33k tr3k hahahahahh i poke your mummy blargle spit spit spit" (disengage Troll mode)

Choose whichever answer you feel is appropriate and disregard the other.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-09-2010, 10:04 AM
The borg try to achieve perfection through cybertechnology. I don't think they would even consider Skynet a threat or worth attacking, as a race of machines might kind of represent perfection to the borg. Alternatively, one could ask, who would win, the borg, or the machines from the Matrix? Again, I think the borg would more likely venerate these machines, due to their clever combination of organic lifeforms and cybertechnology. If they choose to assimilate, the earth bound machines might even agree.

Really, they are all machines. The borg have lost any humanity long ago. They are a machine hive mind, just like Skynet and the matrix machines.They probably all think the same, or at least similarly.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-09-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwasher View Post
The borg try to achieve perfection through cybertechnology. I don't think they would even consider Skynet a threat or worth attacking, as a race of machines might kind of represent perfection to the borg. Alternatively, one could ask, who would win, the borg, or the machines from the Matrix? Again, I think the borg would more likely venerate these machines, due to their clever combination of organic lifeforms and cybertechnology. If they choose to assimilate, the earth bound machines might even agree.

Really, they are all machines. The borg have lost any humanity long ago. They are a machine hive mind, just like Skynet and the matrix machines.They probably all think the same, or at least similarly.
I agree. The Borg would want to assimilate Skynet first. Assuming if The Borg were desperate enough.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidfish View Post
Is this a serious question? If so, Borg, hands down, no contest whatsoever. Orbital bombardment could level the planet, they can scoop everything OFF the planet and dump it in sun if they want. Technologically and numerically the Borg are light years beyond Skynet.

If it isn's a serious question then "wtf y00 chattin' 'bout, Terminators is like WAY cooler than stoopid g33k tr3k hahahahahh i poke your mummy blargle spit spit spit" (disengage Troll mode)

Choose whichever answer you feel is appropriate and disregard the other.
Just to be a devil's advocate (yeah I'm bored):

If Skynet (or John Henry faction) could theoritically interconnect with the Borg hive there's a chance that Skynet AI could migrate to the Borg hardware and from there take over (similar to viral infections in the Voyager series, but with a consience). It could evolve into a logical Borg Queen vs John Henry fight for control over the Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-09-2010, 11:10 AM
tl;dr

Ensign
# 16
09-20-2013, 08:43 AM
I would think that John Conner would take advantage of the Borg and would ask them for help and let the Borg fight skynet while staying out of the battle itself , rearming with Borg tech wink wink
Captain
# 17
09-20-2013, 08:47 AM
I was wondering when our next three and a half year necro post would be.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
09-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Let me use this legendary quote from player Zoldar01

Quote:
If you need a shovel to reply to a forum post, it's too old.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Super Moderator
# 19 Closing Necro Thread
09-20-2013, 09:06 AM
This thread is an ancient artifact (after no posts for 30 days or more) and it must now be put in the thread museum where it can be forgotten by everyone except thread archaeologists.

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies or has been inactive for over 30 days before someone replied to it just report it and avoid posting in it.

Please bear in mind that re-posting in "necro'd" threads is considered a form of spamming.

Note that you're more than welcome to post in an existing active topic or to start a new thread on the topic if there are no active topics already.

Live Long and Prosper,
Bluegeek
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread