Lt. Commander
# 11
02-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakfoxx
I agree.

I thought we were supposed to be "Captains" I don't remember Picard or Kirk or even janeway mashing the tactical console, there should be people in my command under me to do that when I give the word.
I can see this on YouTube already. One of the Captains has an alien on screen, trying to talk to it while repetadly pressing a button every second. Alien Captain and Alien First Officer exchange a nervous glance at each other as they wonder WTF is wrong with this 'human' they've just met.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Phasers (and cannons, if I remember correctly from when I played Klingon) are semi-auto fire to begin with. You don't have to hit it every second. I for one am for full auto-fire except for torpedoes, but just saying that it took me a few days of maniacally mashing until I figured out that you can hit it less frequently and do the same damage, so that may help you guys until they implement full auto-fire.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Hello,

The captain did not do anything he just sat in the chair. That would be a bit dull for a game tho but if you put on the star screen saver and sat back in your chair yell commands at passing family members.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-09-2010, 11:12 AM
I don't mind the "button mashing" but what really starts to bother me after a while is the mouse steering. I am better at controlling the ship with the mouse, and so I have to hold both mouse buttons down the whole time I am in battle. After a while it starts to get very uncomfortable.

I still want a chase cam so I can use my flight stick. It would solve my mouse problem, and it would feel a lot more natural in the "button mashing" department as well.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirrana
Hello,

The captain did not do anything he just sat in the chair. That would be a bit dull for a game tho but if you put on the star screen saver and sat back in your chair yell commands at passing family members.
Autofire is optional, how comes you don't want us to have it if you don't have to use it ? Are you a game nazi or something ?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-09-2010, 11:14 AM
It is very annoying. I have a full beam setup, I don't want to have to hit the space bar every couple seconds to keep shooting. Screw the power drain, that's what weapon batteries are for. I gt macro keys on my keyboard, I should really configure one...
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-09-2010, 11:15 AM
i see a lot of people missing the point here.. the point is.. you can only get one foward weapon and one rear weapon to auto fire. i personally know you dont have to mash the spacebar every micro second to fire. but since i dont ever look at my weapon cool down timers etc. i just mash it anyway. as i am more focussed on my facing speed and state of my shields and abbilities.

also.. you can get consoles that will recharge your power faster.. thus letting you fire more than 2 lasers at any given time with no power drain.. mr it just drains your power faster. personally i think it should be all user optional. auto fire everything nothing or some things.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-09-2010, 11:15 AM
So a Klingon, a Ferengi and a Vulcan walk into a seedy space bar...

Oh wait, you're talking about another hive of scum and villainy.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-09-2010, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Autofire is optional, how comes you don't want us to have it if you don't have to use it ? Are you a game nazi or something ?
More like a game terrorist. I don't know why he would want to be something so terrible.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-09-2010, 11:17 AM
An auto-fire option would be very nice Cryptic, please.