Lt. Commander
THANKS all... yep. somehow, that was not clear, because the first time I spoke to the Admiral, he "promoted" me to Lt-Cmdr, but then you need to speak to him again.

Good thing I did not have enough credit :-)

----------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL NOOB POST:

Uhmmm... well... I feel like I just did something wrong, played like a noob or something (which I am anyway).

Just got to Lieutenant Commander, and was so looking forward to getting my new ship... to realize you need MONEY to get it !!! I have like 12,000 credits, and the tier 2 ship costs 20,000 credit.

Did I miss something ? Did I played really bad when I was using my replicator to empty my full inventory, when I should have shopped around ? I haven't thrown away stuff, and I certainly did not rush my progression in anyway... So how come I am missing so much credit to get the next ship ?

Any suggestions, ideas, will be greatly appreciated. I really feel like I missed asomething somewhere... I was expecting the next ship to be "free", and you'd have to pay for additional ones...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 12:14 PM
You need to go accept a quest from Admiral Quinn that will allow you to go buy a ship for 1 starship honor memorial or something like that. He gives you the quest in his office personally. Good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by okran View Post
Uhmmm... well... I feel like I just did something wrong, played like a noob or something (which I am anyway).

Just got to Lieutenant Commander, and was so looking forward to getting my new ship... to realize you need MONEY to get it !!! I have like 12,000 credits, and the tier 2 ship costs 20,000 credit.

Did I miss something ? Did I played really bad when I was using my replicator to empty my full inventory, when I should have shopped around ? I haven't thrown away stuff, and I certainly did not rush my progression in anyway... So how come I am missing so much credit to get the next ship ?

Any suggestions, ideas, will be greatly appreciated. I really feel like I missed asomething somewhere... I was expecting the next ship to be "free", and you'd have to pay for additional ones...
you should get a mission where you talk to quin in his office then go to the ship vendor and there should be a selection of tier 2 ships for a single credit each.

but you have to have the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 12:16 PM
AS they said, I ended up wasting my credits on a science vessel, then completed the quest to find I could have rceived the ship for free! Ah well I have a science vessel and cruiser now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Quest Log. Use it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehomegaman View Post
Quest Log. Use it.
Arrogance. You're doing it wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 12:21 PM
On the upside, now you don't have to wonder which one you'd prefer.