Lt. Commander
I completed 4 missions and was rewarded with officers but was given no credits to buy stuff? This is critical to the game if you want to ugrade your ship or weapons. So how and when do I get credits?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Run anything you don't want to use through your replicator when you are in space, or sell it on the exchange, I suggest cheaply. This will give you credits.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 11:28 AM
You recycle items to make energy credits. And no they aren't "critical" as you get a full load out with your ship that should see you through until you get a new one. By the time you make it to LtCmdr you will have more credits than you know what to do with.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilus View Post
I completed 4 missions and was rewarded with officers but was given no credits to buy stuff? This is critical to the game if you want to ugrade your ship or weapons. So how and when do I get credits?
I beg to differ. You can run from the starting Miranda to the end Sovereign using only 4 energy credits.

I'd know, I did so.

You can (and will) get a lot of very good items from PvP and Exploration badge turn ins (enough to outfit your entire ship), not counting that you get a lot as mission rewards as well, and when you advance in rank your first ship in the next tier will be only 1 credit (Miranda>Excalibur, Excalibur>Stargazer, Stargazer>Galaxy, Galaxy>Sovereign = 4 changes 1 ec).

In other words, selling a single shield battery (80 ec) is enough to get you from a Miranda with Mk zero equipment to a Sovereign in nothing but Mk X greens and blues.

Rear Admiral Adara Lyota Frost
NX-94001-A - USS Thunderchild
Sovereign-class Assault Cruiser
Stormhaven Fleet
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 11:34 AM
What they said...I was lost about this too when I started. You don't get credits as mission rewards; you have to sell loot either at your inventory's replicator or a vendor.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Where is my replicator?
02-09-2010, 11:53 AM
You say I can use my replicator to gain credits? First off where is my replicator? I looked in my inventory? What does the ico look like and second how do you use the items in your replicator?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 11:56 AM
If you hit your "i" key to bring up your inventory, down at the bottom of the inventory window is a button that says "Replicator" on it. It doesn't work on the ground or while you're in combat, though. From there you can "buy" various small items, but there's also a "sell" tab where you can ditch anything in your inventory and receive credits for it. It has been noted that you get more credits if you sell to a vendor than if you just used your replicator, but I guess that's the price for convenience of selling loot while deep in space.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilus View Post
You say I can use my replicator to gain credits? First off where is my replicator? I looked in my inventory? What does the ico look like and second how do you use the items in your replicator?
It is a button at the bottom of your inventory. You can either drag items onto it or press it to open up a new screen with buy/sell/buyback tabs which should be self-explanatory.

Don't bother buying stuff at the start you will get plenty of rewards at rank 6+ and soon after get a new ship with an entirely new rank of gear.
Lt. Commander
Corvus, when I got this game I only got a brief printed manual with none of the info you guys are so kind to share with me. My question is, where did you guys get all this info? Is there a website that tells you all this? If so, would you please post the link for me? Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Nope I got it from just playing in OB and asking questions on the forums.

The documentation for this game is the worst I have ever seen in an MMO. Just wait until you actually have to start worrying about what your skills do. At Lt rank you get nearly every skill anyway so it doesn't matter.