Lt. Commander
# 21
02-09-2010, 09:02 AM
This skill would be easily fixed if it was unuseable during full impulse.

The absurd damage numbers come from being in full impulse since the damage is based on current speed.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-09-2010, 10:35 AM
wow.... no captain would ever use ramming speed.... (as previous poster stated, piccard and worf both did, and im sure there were others)

ramming speed should always kill the attacker... (didnt kill piccard. in fact, it gave him the advantage, worf on the other hand, would have been a firey ball of pink goo)

Yes, it should be able to 1 shot something. Not always of course, but, a BoP isno where near the size of a Galaxy. if a friggin Gal ran into it, itd be dead. no ifs ands or buts. Now, plow ur Gal into a Scimitar. ur nearly guaranteed to die, and the scimitar may, or may not, depending on how badly damaged it is. Ive seen this exact scenario happen.

point being? Ramming speed is fine. it works exactly how its supposed to. Use ur abilities and, oh, i dunno, GET OUT THE WAY. if ur that friggin close that someone can hone in on ur manuverable BoP, in the gigantic "my turning radius sucks" galaxy, then u deserve to be blown up. QQ QQ

X
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Ramming speed is one of the very few abilities that make me laugh when I get killed through it in PvP. And it keeps me checking my back, to notice in time that a Galaxy is full impulse ramming me in a few seconds, so I can evade.

I have yet to use it properly myself, am a complete ramming-noob so to say, only use it to escape (as additional speed-boost). But like I stated: Evading Galaxys on ramming course is fun and I enjoy it.