"it will get better in 6 months"
"they will add content"
"If you are a fan you will stick it out"
The comments that encourage Cryptic to be Mediocre:
"All MMO's have horrible releases"
"WoW sucked at launch"
"Your playing the game too fast if you are already an Admiral"
"play the game slower that's the way cryptic meant you to play it"

These are the kind of comments that Cryptic wants to hear. The kind that gives them license to continue to walk all over Trek Fans in the name of their bottom line and lack of product quality. If they aren't held accountable for a poor product t there is nothing to stop them from continuing to make poor products and abuse their player base. They did it with CO, now STO, soon to be the "Third MMO" (no doubt based on the CO engine as well). Stop making excuses for Cryptic. Its OK to like the game and have hope, its Star Trek, something many people love and enjoy. But don't settle for less than quality, don't make excuses for them, don't be sitting in front of the same game with the same limited content for the next 6 months preaching "it will get better". We have heard that all the way from Beta. And it simply isn't true, and Cryptic's track record doesn't lend itself to being true in 6 months. You will still be beaming down to the same randomly generated space station looking for the same 4 computer terminals or looking for the same 4 alien artifacts. Starfleets policy will still be "Shoot First, never ask questions". Speak with your wallets, as a consumer it is your most powerful weapon. And if enough people close their wallets to Cryptic, they may be encouraged to work harder. But keep making excuses for them and it will only reward laziness........
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Oh look copy pasta.

/yawn.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 12:52 PM
That is a mean wall of text.

did you even bother with checking out: http://startrekonline.com/upcoming_content ?????

I snicker to myself everytime the people that skip the content of lower levels complain that there is no content to the end game.....yet.

Good luck.....
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I don't really understand if you're asking for something or just upset...

Honestly what major MMO game was ever released that didn't have bugs or significant changes made in the first few months?

As for their track record with games and content...I'm a bit confused here...I could be wrong, but I think their first MMO was CoH, they made chacater changes and added new classes in that game over the course of it's span, all the way until they made CoV (the first paid expansion) about year later.

While I'm not a fan of Champions, as I think it's a rehash of CoH, I find it hard to believe that over the next few months we would not have any content updates or an expansion in a year or two.

And as far as missions...what exactly are you looking for? In CoH, WoW, FFOnline, etc... all you ever really do is kill things, or save people by killing more things, or click on stuff to activate it after killing the things around it. It's the text, music and gameplay that make the killing and clicking interesting....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 01:08 PM
People stop replying. This is copy pasta. OP is trolling.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=110618
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2010, 01:11 PM
I see where the OP is coming from. Essentially, he is saying that people are setting the bar too low for Cryptic to get a pat on the back. I suppose I gave them the ulimate pat on the back by getting a Lifetime, but still. I'm not pleased with their lack of customer support & their non-responsive nature. Sadly, being unresponsive and quiet breeds in forums like yeast in a cod piece.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mghurston View Post
IAnd as far as missions...what exactly are you looking for? In CoH, WoW, FFOnline, etc... all you ever really do is kill things, or save people by killing more things, or click on stuff to activate it after killing the things around it. It's the text, music and gameplay that make the killing and clicking interesting....
You're right, and you're not right. Yes, MMOs are about a lot of repetition. But STO takes it to an extreme. The missions are so bland and so starkly "Kill X groups of Y faction on the screen" that I want to claw my eyes out sometimes. WoW had plenty of those, and they were the most boring missions. WoW also had some interesting missions mixed into the middle. Same with CO, CoH, etc.

The biggest comparison is how different the mission structure and feel is just between CO and STO. That's horrifying! The same company got things so terribly wrong in the mission structure between two relatively close releases.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 01:29 PM
Please do not re-open closed threads.
Closed Thread