Lt. Commander
# 291
02-09-2010, 01:10 PM
I don't know what the difference would be between girl and guy gamers. We both game, and we're obviously both here for Star Trek right?
Lt. Commander
# 292
02-09-2010, 01:13 PM
the difference would be moobs or boobs I think......I am sure....yeah
Lt. Commander
# 293
02-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entrailsgalore View Post
I don't know what the difference would be between girl and guy gamers.
Males & females approach pretty much everything in a different way. We are designed differently, our brains are wired differently, and we think differently. The differences you can see by looking at the outside only just scratch the surface.

I think the main reason most of us want to know who is male & who is female, is because we treat men & women differently- and so we should. The differences may be subtle, but they are important.

Age, race, nationality, religion, culture- all of these things can be set aside, overlooked, or ignored in the online community- but our gender is a very integral part of who we are.

I very much enjoy the differences.
Lt. Commander
# 294
02-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Diodes
Males & females approach pretty much everything in a different way. We are designed differently, our brains are wired differently, and we think differently. The differences you can see by looking at the outside only just scratch the surface.

I think the main reason most of us want to know who is male & who is female, is because we treat men & women differently- and so we should. The differences may be subtle, but they are important.

Age, race, nationality, religion, culture- all of these things can be set aside, overlooked, or ignored in the online community- but our gender is a very integral part of who we are.

This is pretty much completely and perfectly unlike the truth.
Lt. Commander
# 295
02-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_Diodes

So you are saying we shouldn't treat men and women equally.
Lt. Commander
# 296
02-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Hee, look under your shoe Rusty, you pretty much just stepped in it
Lt. Commander
# 297
02-09-2010, 01:56 PM
if u dont think that is true then obviously u have never been married or probably been in a long-term relationship (i dont know never been in a long term relationshiop myself so just a guess) if girls brains were wired just liek a guys it would be so easy to understand some of the things they try and tell u
Lt. Commander
# 298
02-09-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gungin_garbonzo
if u dont think that is true then obviously u have never been married or probably been in a long-term relationship (i dont know never been in a long term relationshiop myself so just a guess) if girls brains were wired just liek a guys it would be so easy to understand some of the things they try and tell u
While my first impulse is simply to respond with FAIL, further consideration suggests some benefit could be obtained by elucidating the illogic of this statement.

To wit: Men fight. Men fight over which sports team is best. Men fight over poorly constructed sentences. Take a jaunt over to CNN. Much of what you see there is political bickering. in spite of a growing female representation most of the partisanship was created by men to manipulate other men. Then there's politics by other means. That is "War." That's has, historically, been men sending other men to die over a disagreement they had with still other men.

The point is, if your logic obtained none of that would have ever happened, because men would understand each other. The "Woman as Other" is a myth based on simple fear.

One should note, I did not say women's brains were "wired" like men's. They, in fact, are not. But the differences do not show a significant variance, except in a few narrow areas (such as spacial perception and lingusitics) and even in those areas the variance is only marginally above noise (in other words, men are slightly better at geometry and women slightly better at communication, but that's only on a very broad scale. Odds are any particular woman or man would be no better than average).

SCIENCE
Lt. Commander
# 299
02-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverisms View Post
While my first impulse is simply to respond with FAIL, further consideration suggests some benefit could be obtained by elucidating the illogic of this statement.

To wit: Men fight. Men fight over which sports team is best. Men fight over poorly constructed sentences. Take a jaunt over to CNN. Much of what you see there is political bickering. in spite of a growing female representation most of the partisanship was created by men to manipulate other men. Then there's politics by other means. That is "War." That's has, historically, been men sending other men to die over a disagreement they had with still other men.

The point is, if your logic obtained none of that would have ever happened, because men would understand each other. The "Woman as Other" is a myth based on simple fear.

One should note, I did not say women's brains were "wired" like men's. They, in fact, are not. But the differences do not show a significant variance, except in a few narrow areas (such as spacial perception and lingusitics) and even in those areas the variance is only marginally above noise (in other words, men are slightly better at geometry and women slightly better at communication, but that's only on a very broad scale. Odds are any particular woman or man would be no better than average).

SCIENCE
tl;dr

thesis responses are lulz
Lt. Commander
# 300
02-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gungin_garbonzo
tl;dr

thesis responses are lulz
You wrote the first thesis response.

lulz responses are the actions of small minds with smaller *****es. If you can't play, stay home.