Lt. Commander
and I had an unusual idea.

I run dual monitors on my computer and also run STO in windowed mode since it's easier to recover if it happens to explode on me.

So I'm sitting there in sector space and had an idea to just see what would happen if I dragged the window across both my monitors. Would it crash? Would it stretch everything out of scale and look horrid? Would it just not render on my second screen?

So I grabbed the edge of the window and dragged away, reaching the other end of the second monitor I let go and poof.

Not only did it continue to render across both screens and not lose more than a handful of fps but it SCALED!!!

At this point two things happened. One, I wet myself a little. Two, I immediately began my search for a triple monitor configuration since having your ship split between two monitors was just not going to work.

So. Anyone have an suggestions on a triple monitor gaming rig?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Look here I just saw this today, go about 8 mins in...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH2Ig0To9hY
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 03:39 PM
anything so long as it's over 9000
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 03:40 PM
I now want to another monitor... just to see this,

Was there alot of dead space between the two monitors ingame? I mean I know youre going to have a physical split between the two monitors, but could you still see well enough, or did you end up running into walls or ships that you couldnt see?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
I now want to another monitor... just to see this,

Was there alot of dead space between the two monitors ingame? I mean I know youre going to have a physical split between the two monitors, but could you still see well enough, or did you end up running into walls or ships that you couldn't see?
No dead space. My ship was split right down the middle with about an inch separation between the two halves.

Take a photograph and cut it right down the middle then separate them about an inch. You don't lose any of the image you just have an inch gap down the middle.

It really was impressive. For a short time I had the equivalent of a 38 inch wide screen (2x 19" monitors). Plus it actually scaled correctly and gave me a much greater field of view. I could see from one side of the sector block to the other in front of me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Why not 4 monitors, two stacked up on two? (or "positioned/clammped" above two)

Why not six monitors? 3 on bottom and three immmediately above them?]