Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11 Getting frustrated
02-09-2010, 03:46 PM
I am experiencing this error and the inability to connect to the server error. I have been attempting to login since roughly 10:30am CST.

The exremely exasperating part in not having the ability to contact a live technical support person!!!!

This is the first opportunity that I have had to even post my issue. I entered and re-entered my account name and password with no success until now.

Is there something I must do to be able to connect to the sever and play?

Thanks,

Robert Litwiller
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-09-2010, 04:56 PM
I had the error below which eventually went away (servers fixed?) and got to enter my key after a few not valid key message. It processed and I saw my accout balance.

"We are currently experiencing problems with our billing provider. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you experience problems please allow 5 to 10 minutes and try again."

Today.. I'm not allowed to log on because I got a zero balance. If the "billing provider" is down, the system assumes you are not valid?

I agree with some of the other folks, we should be compensated for the time lost due to the account glitch with the system. I lose a day, you give me a day.
Lt. Commander
im very confused now I was reading the preorder faq

Q: If I preorder the game, but donít pick up the retail game, will I be stopped from playing past the Head Start?

A: Not right away. We will have a grace period of several days to give everyone the opportunity to pick up the retail copy of the game.

does this mean I have to purchase a retail version as well as forking out £40 for the preorder ?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-09-2010, 05:36 PM
I have registered and place the key in and the server will not let me in. this is getting to be really crappy..
I was reading a reply that another player downloaded like I did and paid for it and now we we have to purchase the game physically????
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Hey, I have a follow-up on this issue for you!

Anyone who WAS experiencing this error, and receiving the "This Key Does Not Activate Any Known Products" message should have no further problems. We have identified what was causing this to happen, and have fixed it. If you have had this error in the past, please go to the activation page, and enter your retail key; it should actually work the first time now.

It order to help us address ALL of your customer service issues, please help us out with this one other thing:

If you have issues like this and submitted tickets to the customer service system but have gotten the issue resolved on your own, please go and close your tickets.

Closing your tickets tells our customer service team that you no longer require assistance, so they can redirect their efforts to issues that still need to be resolved.

I'm closing this thread now, so anyone who needs this information can find it easily. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding, everyone! We're doing the best we can to get all these issues cleared up as quickly as possible!
Closed Thread