Lt. Commander
# 11
02-09-2010, 09:14 PM
I didn't buy the lifetime, sorry if that was not posted.

Flaming others who had very little time to try the game in last few days of open Beta, and to find out that most of the things they promised in dev interviews,etc, are not here in the game, are very valid points.

The game is unfinished, period. There will be those who like the IP and will see any constructive complaints with valid points, as a personal attack against those who feel Cryptic is the A+ in gaming.

I am simply stating here that I too am asking for a refund based upon the promises we were told during the game creation, which they failed to follow through with, and which many players have only recently realized.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thadios View Post
I didn't buy the lifetime, sorry if that was not posted.

Flaming others who had very little time to try the game in last few days of open Beta, and to find out that most of the things they promised in dev interviews,etc, are not here in the game, are very valid points.

The game is unfinished, period. There will be those who like the IP and will see any constructive complaints with valid points, as a personal attack against those who feel Cryptic is the A+ in gaming.

I am simply stating here that I too am asking for a refund based upon the promises we were told during the game creation, which they failed to follow through with, and which many players have only recently realized.
Name one MMO game that launched that was a completed game?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-09-2010, 09:27 PM
To the OP:

I'm sure you can find some Trek fan that would gladly take your account off your hands. However that would be against the TOS/EULA so I wouldn't advertise it if you decide to take that route.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-10-2010, 12:08 AM
As a relatively peripheral participant of this conversation, I'd like to ask some things of preceding contributors in this thread. I am (presumably) comparatively inexperienced for MMO exposure--My highest-leveled WOW character is at 35--but if the positions in this thread (that indicate lifetime subscription refunds are justified) are valid, then I suspect Atari and Cryptic would require more information that supports these requests.

@Thadios I call on you for a response on account of the generalization of your input to this discussion: "I am simply stating here that I too am asking for a refund based upon the promises we were told during the game creation, which they failed to follow through with, and which many players have only recently realized."

I am in a position to speculate what the respective Promises that this accusation offers are, I must admit. However, I trust that the proposals in this forum that suggest a refund of this nature is appropriate will be met with a healthy argument by an entity that has potentially impervious and objective information that will impugn an allegation that the transaction (purchasing the lifetime subscription) is unfair in any way.

I would like to challenge those that authentically trust their refund requests are valid to adduce your case to the Star Trek Online end-user community. If you are entitled to receive money back that you invested in a product's service that will last until the game availability expires, I would like to know whether the conviction justifies a cancellation of Star Trek Online. Please, help a fellow community member out by explaining why you are requesting this refund so that I can make a more education decision.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-10-2010, 01:00 AM
The proper way to request a refund is to call the company directly, NOT to do so via email. That way you get to talk to a REAL person and resolve the issue swiftly.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-10-2010, 01:10 AM
I'm not trying to insult anyone, but if there was ever a possibility that you lifers may later regret it and seek a refund, why did you buy a lifetime subscription in the first place?

Such a shame.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-10-2010, 01:42 AM
Well we all know about fools, and their money.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-10-2010, 01:46 AM
Yeah, Caveat Emptor does apply.

People need to realize that the goal of any business is to take your money. YOUR job is to not let them, unless you think what you're getting is worth it to you.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-10-2010, 02:09 AM
what exactly wasd the deal breaker for you ?

i'm presumming you bought your lifetime sub during open beta .

if so

what were the change(s) that occured between open beta and live that changed the game from something you would play for the forseeable future and something you wouldn't.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-10-2010, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampyrehntrd View Post
Name one MMO game that launched that was a completed game?
It isn't about being complete. It is about this game being no where near what Cryptic promised. I don't buy games on the promise that in three years they will be really good and have all the features promised at launch.

The main thing is the poor quality of exploration and the sparsity of the quality episodes they promised. But hey I played OB and saw what this game was and so paid my $50 not expecting to play beyond the first month.